Thursday, May 19, 2016

Cover Crush: The Secret Horses of Briar Hill by Megan Shepherd


Cover Crush is a feature originally thought up by Erin at Flashlight Commentary.  Every Thursday, she publishes a post featuring a book jacket/book cover that she really likes with a short commentary about it.  I discovered this weekly feature via It's a Mad Mad World  and decided to join in the fun!

Judge a book by it's cover?  Absolutely!

***


This cover is a simple and sweet looking one, and I just adore it!  In fact, I almost want to throw it on top of a black background to see how well the design of the night sky pops.  The colors used in the background are just gorgeous!

Also, I have a thing for covers with a lot of white background (or any other solid colored background, but especially white).  For some reason, I feel like the illustrations stand out more this way--although not all of the ones I've come across work, but they're certain to be more likely to catch my attention.

The Secret Horses of Briar Hill is a children's fantasy that will be published in October of this year.  Click on the cover for more details at Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment