Sunday, June 5, 2016

COYER Summer Vacation 2016

COYER is a reading challenge hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading, Berls @ Fantasy is more fun, and Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My!
COYER stands for, as stated above, "Clean out your e-reads."  And typically the goal is to read from all the freebies or low priced books you've collected in the past on your e-readers.  But for the summer duration of June 18th to September 2nd, there will be no rules or specifics, so pretty much anything goes!

On June 18th, the hosts of COYER will be launching the coyerchallenge.com website, a new home for COYER challenge.  It looks like it's currently in the works, but will be a nice home for the popular reading challenge.

For more information, click on one of the three links above.



I've never participated in COYER before, though goodness knows I probably should in order to really clean out all the freebies and discounted books I've been collecting over the years on my Kindle.   But I'm always afraid that I won't be able to keep myself on track since I'm such a mood reader.

Since our lovely hosts are throwing ALL the rules out for the summer, it pretty much means that anything goes--sort of a three month long read-a-thon, if you will--I'm going to go ahead and jump into it and see what I can manage.  I'm also kind of curious about the other mini challenges and fun activities that will take place.  Even though I don't Twitter and probably won't be able to join any of the Twitter parties if they have any, I still want to see what else I can participate in.

I don't have any real specific goals for this challenge, but I think I'm going to at least try my best to tackle as many e-books I already own as I can.  My second non-specific goal is to try to clean off my physical bookshelf as well.  But I'll be reading all forms of books from all sources (even library and new buys and Scribd); though with the two not so specific goals in mind, maybe I'll be more inclined to pick up books in those two categories if I find myself not knowing what to reach for next.

I will probably either list all the books I've read for this challenge here, create a new page and add the link here at a later date, or just create a Goodreads shelf.  I haven't decided yet, but I'll figure something out.  More than likely I'm going to try to create a separate page to list COYER Summer Vacation 2016 books.

I also plan only to count a book towards COYER if I review it, which will maybe make it a little more challenging for me, and give me more motivation to review the books I read.

I have a feeling I'm going to have lots of fun with this during the summer!  Happy reading to everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment