Monday, June 20, 2016

Pre-Review Thoughts: Kinslayer

Kinslayer

by Jay Kristoff
Book 2 of The Lotus War trilogy

~ Goodreads ~

Rating:  2.5 Stars


I really feel awkward being one of the dissenters in the whole Lotus Wars trilogy fan-love here, but to be totally honest, this book just felt like a long, drawn-out hot mess. Either that, or it's just me and I just didn't really get what was going on here.

Ever have the feeling that a whole lot of something has been going on in an ~500 page book, while at the same time a whole lot of nothing actually happened instead? I found myself wondering if I was missing something for the first half of the book, then I found myself wondering how much longer to go before I was done with said book.

Anyway, there will probably be a more well-articulated review once I've got my thoughts sorted out. I'm just a tad bit disappointed because I really DID like the first book a lot, even if it wasn't my favorite thing in the world. If it's any consolation, I really DO feel that Jay Kristoff is a great writer and that Kinslayer had a boatload of potential and that the world of Lotus Wars is very imaginative.

Maybe this is just a case of: "It's not you, it's me."


***

2016 Reading Challenges:
Goodreads Reading Challenge
BookLikes Reading Challenge
Reading Assignment Challenge
Bookish Resolutions Challenge
Mount TBR Challenge

COYER Summer Vacation 2016 -- Bingo Board One | Square R20 -- Steampunk


No comments:

Post a Comment