Sunday, January 22, 2017

24in48 Jan. 2017 Readathon: Hour Thirty-Seven Update


A little over half a day left...


Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


Between distractions and passing out for a few hours, I didn't get as much reading done as I'd hoped.  But that's what happens, I suppose...  I probably won't be finishing any other books this weekend, but I am still hoping to either finish, or get close to finishing, Spider's Bite.

I was going to post an update at, or around, Hour 24, but since I hadn't exactly read anything more, I decided just to leave it be and post something at noon

At this point, I've listened to 8 hours of audio book; I have read 199 pages of book over 5 hours.  I have only finished one book so far--Fear for Me by Cynthia Eden (See: Hour Seventeen Update).

That is a total of 13 hours of reading achieved.  While that a little more than half, it's still not the number of hours I'd hoped to hit this weekend.  Then again, the last time I participated in 24in48 in July 2016, I only managed to clock 15 hours of reading.


Currently Reading

Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep | 395 pages

I'm still working on Spider's Bite and am actually intent on finishing up this book before any other book.  This weekend, my goal is Spider's Bite!

Currently, I've read up to page 261; totaling 199 pages read over 5 hours (approx.), which means I've got 134 pages left to finish...  With any hope, that's an approximate one and a half to two more hours of reading.  Since I'd gotten so distracted during the night and the morning, that 5 hours of reading is a very rough estimation, but I'm not really splitting hairs or anything.


Still To Finish

The Search by Nora Roberts | 497 pages

Pre-thon, I had read up to 144 pages, so we've still got a little over 300 pages to go.

I had hoped to at least get some of this book read before the end of the thon, but I'm not sure it'll happen.  I suppose I COULD read a couple chapters and include it into my thon stats, but as I'd stated above, Spider's Bite is my priority this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment