Saturday, January 21, 2017

24in48 Jan. 2017 Readathon: Hour Seventeen Update


A little over half a day gone...


Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


I finished listening to Fear for Me by about noon today, and probably would have published an update, but it seems like it was easier just to crawl into bed and try to get some sleep.  I spent approximately 8 hours on finishing up this book while I multi-tasked or played some online games.  It was mighty relaxing.

In the middle of it all, I passed out for about 2 hours sometime during the night.  Then I recall getting up sometime in the morning, being too restless to get back to sleep, making a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with some bacon and mayo and extra cheese (YUM!), and then getting back to the book.

All-in-all, it was already a pretty fulfilling morning.

As Fear for Me was listened to as an audio book, I'm not counting pages.  So in the course of updates, I will just mention that I listened to 8 hours of book so far.  Which means I've got another 16 hours to go to reach the 24 hour mark.


Books Read

Fear for Me by Cynthia Eden | 11 hours and 44 minutes
audio book narrated by Emily Beresford

As I'd already stated above, I spent about 8 hours finishing up this book amidst some sleeping and eating and general piddling around.  This is actually a lot more progress than I'd expected, but the time was relaxing, and I feel like it was well spent.

I will have a series review out for the three For Me books when I finish the last book, Scream for Me.


Currently Reading

Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep | 395 pages

I'm still working on Spider's Bite and am actually intent on finishing up this book before any other book.  This weekend, my goal is Spider's Bite!

Currently, I've read up to 62 pages pre-thon, which means I've got 333 pages left to finish... which should be approximately 6 hours worth of reading.  I think.  I used to be able to finish reading a ~300 page book within 6 or 7 hours.


The Search by Nora Roberts | 497 pages

Pre-thon, I've read up to 144 pages, so we've still got a little over 300 pages to go.  This book is actually quite interesting, with bonus points for adorable doggies in the content.  Hopefully I will be able to finish this book as well after finishing Spider's Bite.

That will add another 6 hours (or so) onto my reading time this weekend and bring up past the 24 hour mark.  I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment