Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Romance Bingo 2017 | Wrap Up

When January came to an end and I wasn't even a good ways into this Bingo card, I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to Blackout.  My personal life kind of got in the way, and while I'm not one to cast blame, being sick for a month and a half--starting with a cold, maybe some sinusitis, and ending in bronchitis--really put a dent in any and all motivation to do anything at all.

Reading became a backseat priority after getting some sleep (or not getting sleep, really).  Blogging was definitely something I wasn't getting into.

Truth be told, I probably could have gotten at least one or two Bingos, but my book selections didn't really take me in that direction.  And also, two or three of the books I read, I didn't really want to stretch too many liberties trying to get them to fit some of the more vague squares such as 'Blown Away' or 'Key to My Heart.'  I'm quite surprised I didn't find a book to fill in 'Insta-love'--well, actually I read several books with insta-love in it, but I had read those books for other squares, and my mindset was quite stubborn against moving them around.

Maybe I could have done some shuffling.

Maybe not.

Still, I had a good amount of fun, started a few new series, and found some great books, even if I also found a lot of cruddy books.

I look forward to the next Reading Bingo, definitely!

Click here for my Romance Bingo 2017 summary page, and to see the original, unmarked card.



Books:
Insta-love:
Too Stupid To Live:  Forgotten Sins by Rebecca Zanetti
"Headless" Woman:  Sweet Bea by Sarah Hegger
Love is Murder:  Die for Me by Cynthia Eden
New Adult:  Overruled by Emma Chase

Young Adult:
Regency Romance:
Eyeshadow and Heaving Bosom:  A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James
Virgin & Best First Time:  A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare
Gothic Romance:  The Moon-spinners by Mary Stewart

Blown Away:
Man in a Kilt:  Highlander Claimed by Juliette Miller
Love (Free Space):  The Search by Nora Roberts
Rogue:  A Week to be Wicked by Tessa Dare
Historical Romance:

Secret Billionaire:
Twins:  The Switch by Lynsay Sands
Fairy Tale Retelling:
Wedding Bells:
Second Chances:  Fear for Me by Cynthia Eden

Key to My Heart:
Pirates Argh:
Guy/Girl Next Door:  Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis
Interracial Couple:  Tempted into Danger by Melissa Cutler
Urban Fantasy Romance:  Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep


Currently Reading:
Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marillier || Pirates Argh

Reads I Never Got To:
A Lady by Midnight by Tessa Dare || Historical Romance
That's Amore! anthology || Wedding Bells
By Your Side by Kasie West || Young Adult
Treasures Lost, Treasures Found by Nora Roberts || Key to My Heart


Squares I Never Chose Books For:
  • Insta-love -- I thought at least one of the Rom-Suspense books I read would have insta-love in it, and while they did, I used them for other squares.
  • Regency Romance -- So many Regency romances... didn't choose a one... or just didn't get around to reading for this category.
  • Blown Away -- Had one book, but it might have been stretching it.
  • Secret Billionaire -- Had no idea what to read for this square.
  • Fairy Tale Retelling -- I had decided to read Cybele's Secret for this square until I found out that it's not really a retelling.  Nixed the idea of reading Daughter of the Forest for Bingo since I wouldn't be able to finish it.  At least Cybele's Secret ended up having a pirate (see above), even though I haven't finished reading it yet.

See Also:  My Romance Bingo 2017 Page


No comments:

Post a Comment