Sunday, April 23, 2017

Booklikes-opoly | And Now the Fourth Roll!

Booklikes-opoly
Booklikes, the book blogging social platform



For my third roll, I had gotten a 5 and moved from New Orleans Square Station to Jail Visitor Square.  I chose to read from False Memory by Dean Koontz for my page donations, starting from page 343 and wrapping up at page 557, totally 214 pages read; with this I donate 200 pages to the Jail Library.  I know I only need to donate 100 pages, but since I read 200+ pages, that's what I'm going to donate.

 

This book... is still rolling on slowly...

In fact, I was worried that I wouldn't even be able to finish 100 pages before the next day I am allowed to roll.  And then, when I DID finish about 100 pages, I realized that my Sunday was going to be kind of busy and wasn't sure if I'd even have time to sit down, roll, post and update, and choose a new book for the next roll.

With the updated/modified rules taking effect now, I had decided that I would just wait until tomorrow, Monday, 4/24, to roll again.

But, YAY!, I was able to squeeze in some time today!

(Edit 4/26/2017:  Due to the haste at which I wrote and published this post, I went back and discovered a multitude of typos, so there was a full edit of this entire post.)

Here is my fourth roll:

 

I rolled a 6, and from the Jail Visitor square, moved to Adventureland 24.

Here is my live game board:


This is a great spot, because I think I might have a few books that will fit.  One in particular that is pretty short, which is perfect, since I rolled a double and will have to roll again.

Here is Roll #4.2:
 


I followed up my double roll with yet another double and now I'm getting nervous, because my luck is crap.  With a 12 I will move from Adventureland 24 to Mystery Square 35.  Once again, another ideal roll since I'm all about books with police detective investigations and whatnot.  I should be able to go through my TBR and find something workable.


Magnetic Monkey gets too overly excited sometimes, but that's okay.  I'm a bit excited, too!  A mystery is just what I need!  =D

And now, Roll #4.3:  (I couldn't possibly be so unlucky...?)


At least Magnetic Monkey has the grace to look a bit abashed for my sake:


I should have quit while I was ahead, and:  Hey!!  Now I'm in the same spot, but waving back out to my former spot!

See, I knew I'd end up in Jail at some point in this game.

Anyway...

I guess I'll be here for a while.  I'll need to clarify some things in the Q&A before I move on, but I think the rules had been that I could read books for all the squares I land on, but I don't have to?  And since I'm in Jail now, I also need to serve a sentence of 300 pages.  I suppose this will give me a chance to finish reading False Memory by Dean Koontz, though I only have a little less than 200 pages left of that book... of course, I DID just donate 200 pages to the prison library...

So I could just read 100 pages from my book and use the other 200 pages I donated to spring myself?

Oh, do I need to do all of this in order though?  Read a book for the first square I landed on (Adventureland 24), then the second square (Mystery Square 35), then serve my 300 page sentence?

I think I might just pick one other book for one of the squares I landed on... though... I haven't quite decided yet, so I'll probably post another update with my decisions later.


Current Bank:  $26.00
  • Roll #1 (4/15):  A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
  • Roll #2 (4/17):  The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
  • Roll #3 (4/21):  False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages ($2.00) to the Jail Library


No comments:

Post a Comment