Saturday, May 27, 2017

BLopoly | Long Weekend Extra Rolls and Roll #16 Updates!


Okay, decisions have been made!  And the first update I'm setting in this post is for the part about the BLopoly Jail Library accepting donations all weekend:
The jail library is accepting donations all weekend, in honor of Memorial Day! Anyone playing can donate any number of pages between 1 & 100 between midnight Friday & midnight Monday. Double pages if you read a short story that has something to do with any modern war (WWI or later) (so, up to 200 pages).

So, because I want to be able to read Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle for my Tomorrowland 33 task, I need to read The Perfect Poison first.  I know they're not in the same series, and I could skip straight to Obsidian Prey first... but that's not how my mind works.  The two series will intersect soon, and I had already made up my mind to read all the books in both Arcane Society series and Harmony series in publication date order.  Together.

Yeah... if you can make sense of my madness... good luck.

So, according to that passage for Memorial Day's jail library donation rule, I can only donate up to 100 pages.  Obviously, The Perfect Poison is 300+ pages; however, since I'm reading it anyway, I figured I might as well make it count for something!


Moving along to the official books for these rolls!


Memorial Day Weekend Extra Rolls

Roll #14:  Landed on Tomorrowland 33 | Read a book set in space or tagged science fiction on GR, or a book that includes robots or cyborgs.

I'm really not a science fiction person, though I've read my fair share of sci-fi before.  Still, it's not my first choice when it comes to books.  That being said, while I was going through each game task one night and making lists based on all the books on my TBR and personal shelves... well, turns out the Tommorowland rides are the ones where my list is so piddling that I've been wary of landing an ANY of these squares.

I have exactly two books listed at present that would fit this square.  And as I stated above, I will be reading Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle.  This book is tagged science fiction, and the setting of the ongoing series, Harmony takes place in the future in space.

Obsidian Prey is 351 pages = $3.00.



Roll #15:  Landed on Frontierland 1 | Read a book with a title that starts with any letter in 'Frontier,' or a book tagged "Western" on GR.

I'm not sure if I've ever read a Western before.  You'd think that with all the Harlequin romances I've read, a Western genre wouldn't be hard to find, what with all the cowboy romances out there.  But again, it really isn't my thing, much like Science Fiction really isn't my thing.

So I will be using the first half of the game task criteria and choosing a book with a title that starts with any letter in 'Frontier.'  And my pre-prepared list of possible books includes The Rome Affair, not counting the article 'the,' the book starts with an 'R.'  This is perfect since I'm trying to finish this series anyway, and it's a book on my Kindle shelves that needs to be read.

The Rome Affair is 283 pages = $3.00.



Regular Game Play Roll

Roll #16.1:  Landed on Main Street 10 | Read a book that takes place in a small town in the U.S.A.

Oh, so many possibilities for this one!  In fact, almost every Jill Shalvis book I either own or am planning on reading is set in a small town.  After some deliberation, I decided to forgo another Lucky Harbor book in favor of the fourth Animal Magnetism installation, Rumor Has It.  Mainly because Rumor Has It is going to be in audio book format, so I don't feel so overwhelmed with books, books, and more books to get read.

Especially since I set a new challenge to participate in starting June.

Rumor Has It is an approximate 9 hour audio book with a paperback equivalent of 281 pages, or a Kindle e-book equivalent of 306 pages, either way, it will be worth $3.00 upon completion.



Roll #16.2:  Landed on Luxury Tax Square | Read a book where someone gets married, with jewelry on the cover, or where any character is a millionaire/billionaire!

I'm going to see if I can't squeeze in Kay Hooper's Once a Thief into this square.  The summary notes one of the characters as having a "family fortune" that took his family "centuries" to "acquire their treasures," of which he is now being asked to risk in a public exhibition to to bait a world class thief. I'm going to go on a limb here and suppose that this guy's collection isn't pop bottle caps, though I think people DO pay pretty good money for collections like that.  I think I can assume, after centuries, this character could be a millionaire, if not a billionaire?

The second book in this series mentions that the guy's collection is priceless.

So... I'm going to go ahead and read Once a Thief for this game square.  I suppose, if it turns out it doesn't really fit, I'll just call it a miss and move on without collecting my cash award.  I need to read Once a Thief and Always a Thief for my Reading Assignment Challenge anyway.

Once a Thief is 326 pages, paperback = $3.00.



No comments:

Post a Comment