Saturday, May 20, 2017

Booklikes-opoly | Roll #12!

Booklikes-opoly
Booklikes, the book blogging social platform


I was too jittery to wait until 5/20 to roll (my last roll was on 5/18).  And I will be at work with no backup book to read during my free time if I happen to manage to finish this novella I'm currently reading outside of BLopoly.  So I went ahead and rolled and set up my post (which I will be scheduling to publish after midnight so it goes up on 5/20; and yes, I'm that anal).  I will NOT begin reading the book until 5/20, anyway, though there are only a couple hours left of 5/19, so it's not like it's a really long wait.

So anyway... moving right along...

For my Roll #11, I rolled an 11 and ended up on Cars Land 18.  I chose to read The London Deception by Addison Fox, a book published in 2013--meeting the game space requirements.  This book is 282 pages, which gave me a cash reward of $3.00, bringing my Bank Balance to $56.00.

 

The London Deception was immensely more enjoyable to me than the first book in The House of Steele series, The Paris Assignment.  I think it might have had to do with how the couple's relationship was handled, as well as all the talk of archaeology and an Egyptian dig site, and whatnot, even if not a whole lot of time is given to the actual dig itself.  The suspense plot was a little weak, truth be told, but it DID keep our main couple on their feet, and I liked out readily they were able to respond to these stressors together and develop their bond along the way.

A review might be forthcoming at some point.

Meanwhile...

Here is my twelfth roll:


 

I rolled a 3 and moved from Cars Land 18 to BL Square.


Monkey is trying to steal attention again.  Looks like he's out of his slump, though, so that's good.

But anyway, seeing as how I landed on BL, it means I get to roll again for one of the 12 BL Tasks.  And since I like visuals, I searched the internet for a 12 sided DnD dice, only to be denied that pleasure.  So what did I do?  I downloaded a dice roller app on my phone!  =D  One that allows you to shake the phone and the dice will roll... although you have to be careful, because apparently when I put my phone down after I shook it for the first, roll, the dice rolled again... so I had to go with that number since I didn't have a proper screen capture of the first one...


So, 11 for the BL Tasks says:  Read for two!  The rewards for  your next book are doubled - and half of the money goes to another player of your choice!

And after posing the question in the Q&A forum, this will count towards the next book I read for the next roll.  So until I can roll again on 5/22, I will not be reading a book for BLopoly.

I suppose this will give me a chance to catch up on some other reading I'd been meaning to do without any restrictions.  Hmm...  Reading a book of my own choosing without challenges or games to dictate...  LOL  What SHALL I read?

Anyway, as I am running out of time before I need to wrap up this post, stay tuned for another update post, and I will figure out how I will choose who to give half my reward to at some point tomorrow!


Current Bank:   $56.00


No comments:

Post a Comment