Wednesday, June 14, 2017

COYER Summer 2017 | Summer Reading List! and some news!

COYER is a reading challenge hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading, Berls @ Fantasy is more fun, and Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My!
COYER stands for "Clean out your e-reads."  And typically the goal is to read from all the freebies or low priced books you've collected in the past on your e-readers.

But for this summer duration of June 17th to September 8th, our hosts are throwing out the normal rules!

Click on this link to sign up or read about COYER Summer 2017.
See Also:  My COYER Summer 2017 Summary Page

There are two ways to play COYER this summer!
  1. COYER - READ ALL THE BOOKS!  That’s right…this means we can read whatever!  Any price, any format as long as it is acquired legally.  From the start of the challenge to the end just read/review as much as possible.  Super Simple. 
  2. Summer Reading List…. The idea is to create a "Summer Reading List" with 30 books that you plan on reading this summer, from the TBR pile of books you already own.  This is to give us a direction and a list of books to choose from.
    • We are not obligated to read ALL the books on the list by the end of the challenge.
    • The list cannot be changed after COYER starts on June 17.
    • Each time we finish reading five books, we can add five more books to the list.
    • This part of the challenge has a read-a-thon that goes with it--three read-a-thons.

Once again, for more information on the rules, prize drawings, as well as the scheduled read-a-thons, or to sign up to participate, click on the above link.

As a glutton for punishment, even though I want to keep with The Year of the Laid Back Reading Plans, I couldn't help but be drawn into a challenge wherein you make a reading list and try to stick with that reading list.  Even as a mood reader, I tend to like giving myself a sense of focus, and a list of books is just what I need!

Also, it helps that we don't really HAVE to finish all the books on the list...  Had this been two years ago, I probably would make myself finish all the books on any list I make.  But this year, I'm just going to try to have fun!


Ani's COYER Summer Reading List


See Also: COYER Summer Reading List @ GR
  1. Going Rogue by Robin Benway
  2. Secret Agent Secretary by Melissa Cutler
  3. Hot on the Hunt by Melissa Cutler
  4. Behind the Scenes by Natalie J. Damschroder
  5. Secrets by Cynthia Eden
  6. Suspicions by Cynthia Eden
  7. The Manhattan Encounter by Addison Fox
  8. Hot Mess by Lynn Raye Harris
  9. Hot Package by Lynn Raye Harris
  10. SEAL's Honor by Elle James
  11. On the Loose by Tara Janzen
  12. Cutting Loose by Tara Janzen
  13. The Mysterious Twin by Leona Karr
  14. Cold Memory by Leslie A. Kelly
  15. Pushing the Lines by Kimberly Kincaid
  16. Skin Deep by Kimberly Kincaid
  17. Midnight Exposure by Melinda Leigh
  18. Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell
  19. The First Victim by J.B. Lynn
  20. Thicker Than Water by Maggie Shayne
  21. The Littlest Cowboy by Maggie Shayne
  22. The Law of Attraction by N.M. Silber
  23. Her Fierce Warrior by Paige Tyler
  24. Heat Wave anthology - Stephanie Bond, Heidi Betts, Leslie Kelly
  25. That's Amore anthology - Janelle Denison, Tori Carrington, Leslie Kelly
  26. Bare Essentials duo-story anthology - Jill Shalvis, Leslie Kelly
  27. Night Driving by Lori Wilde
  28. Smooth Sailing by Lori Wilde
  29. Crash Landing by Lori Wilde
  30. Part Time Cowboy by Maisey Yates

I will be tracking all of my progress at a separate page, which can be found here, or right above my Reading List.  It will include, also, a spot for where I will add on extra five books for every five books I read.  And also, I've embedded a spinny wheel to help me decide what to read if I were to ever need a random pick!


And now some other news!

I haven't posted in almost a whole week, I think, and that's mainly because things have been super hectic at home.  My brother's wedding was just this past Saturday, so we spent a lot of time just prepping and hanging out as a family.  Since being social was a must, reading ended up being a bit minimal, so I haven't finished a book in a whole week even though I've started two.

Following the wedding, we ended up spending more time with relatives from out of town, so, once again, reading was a bit minimal.

I'm also trying to readjust to going back to work after taking some time off for the wedding, but the adjustment period is being kind of cruel.  Basically, I'm having trouble adjusting my sleep schedule from "normal people day" to "third shift working nights."  I've been going to work exhausted for the past few nights and then coming home and crashing.

Anyway...

If I get a chance, I may post a separate update about my brother's wedding, maybe with photos!

On top of that, I need to officially publish my review for The Countess Conspiracy, which was supposed to have gone up about five days ago, right before the wedding day, but with all the busy, I totally forgot to finish it.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to finish reading Don't Ever Stop as soon as I can so that I can get back into the Booklikes-opoly game.  I'm so totally itching to roll again!  lol


No comments:

Post a Comment