Saturday, July 1, 2017

2017 Reading Assignment Challenge -- Second Quarterly Report Card

hosted by



April ramblings:  Truth be told, I was a little worried that this was going to be a repeat of the first quarter in which I couldn't even finish two Reading Assignment books within the month.  But I finally pulled through with a little determination, though I'd wanted to give up a few many times while reading False Memory.

May ramblings:  With the starting of Booklikes-opoly--a reading game I'm having a LOT of fun just looking forward to the next roll day, by the way!--I was a little worried that Reading Assignment would end up by the wayside depending on my BL-opoly rolls.  But I'm glad I have enough variety of books that I can make them count for both challenges.  Yay!

June ramblings:  June was a good month.  A lot of things happened, but I kept up with all of my reads, even as I had a couple ongoing reading challenges to accomplish.  I guess it helped that I tried to stay on track, and that the books I wanted to stay on track with were all pretty good reads.  Except for the Quinn/Thief duology... that one could have gone without...


Second Quarter:
My Grade:  I Made an A!  Yay!!

Second Quarterly Report Card link up @ Fantasy is more fun (link coming soon)
  • In April:
See Also:  BL-opoly Roll #3 and Roll #4 / Roll #4 Activities

  • In May:
See Also:  BL-opoly Roll #8 / Roll #8 Activities // Roll #10

  • In June:

See Also: BL-opoly Roll #16 / Roll #16 Activities


A Summary

I think this is where I should be allowed to swap out two books from my Reading Assignment List, depending on my reading mood by mid-year.  I think it might be safe to say that I have no intentions of swapping anything out and am fully ready to tackle the rest of the books I had initially chosen.

I may regret this later as the end of the year draws near and I actually realize whether or not there were a couple books I wasn't in the mood to read... but I already almost failed the first quarter, and I'm taking it easy, so I'm going to go easy on myself and not take it too hard if I don't complete this year's Reading Assignment.

After all, there was a lot of other stuff I got accomplished, so I'm pretty good on that score.  Every little accomplishment counts, and I'm still going to try to keep up with this challenge the best I can.


A Forecast

Basically, here is a jumble of the books I've sort of chosen for the next quarter.  But things aren't permanent because that elusive reading mood is such a fickle bitch.  Nonetheless:


Due to some other ongoing reading challenges, my tentative reading list is actually a little less set than what I've given above.  But these ARE the books I'm hoping to read in the third quarter, even if the reading gods may dictate otherwise dependent upon how all my July BLopoly rolls will land.

And so I'm not designating months this time.  We'll just let it play out how it plays out.


2 comments:

  1. You are doing great. Good job keeping up with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did better this quarter than last quarter, and I'm so glad I dropped my goal this year to two books a month instead of the four books a month I did prior years!

      Delete