Saturday, July 22, 2017

24in48 July 2017 Readathon: Hour Sixteen Update



The evening update... that was supposed to be a noon update...


Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


As I suspected, family time definitely cuts into reading time.  No matter--I've still got a pretty good amount of time to get things read.  In the meantime, we played video games and had a lunchtime sangria.

Green Apple Moscato Sangria @ Olive Garden

With the big chunk of reading after midnight, then a small amount of reading here and there, I managed to read for approximately five hours.  Not that I'm really keeping track all that well, though.

It was a pretty great morning overall.

Books Read

The Pretender by Celeste Bradley | 455 pages
-- 223 pages read in 4 hours

So there's half a book down towards my goal of "one and a half to two books."  As I had only read a scant couple chapters from Midnight Crystal before this thon started, I'd love to count it as a full book, though, to be fair, I'm just going to hope that I get around to starting a new book before the weekend is over.

Being that I have the weekend free of work obligations, I was able to start reading at midnight--the truth is, I spent most of the evening and about thirty minutes prior to midnight reading The Pretender.  Then I passed out in bed three hours into the thon, woke up three hours later, and used one more hour to finish the rest of the book.  I'm feeling quite accomplished already!


Currently Reading

Midnight Crystal by Jayne Castle | 371 pages
-- 14 pages read in 30 minutes

I had no illusions that I would finish Midnight Crystal before my first thon update.  But I will definitely strive to finish the book before the end of the day, socializing with family be damned!

Well, I can't exactly ignore everyone, so I could only snatch a bit of reading here and there, on top of some other blogging obligations.  I'm not really keeping time, but I'm trying to loosely, sort of, maybe keep track of how much time I'm spending reading.  Hard to actually keep track completely when you're expected to play at socializing.


Always on My Mind by Jill Shalvis | 318 pages
-- 14 pages read in 30 minutes

I just wanted to get a small sample of this book before I flipped back to Midnight Crystal.  And, yeah, with no other distractions, I suppose I could get both books read before the weekend is over.

There will be more socializing, but I'm predicting at least another three hours of reading before I have to go out and make nice.  Hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment