Saturday, January 27, 2018

24in48 January 2018 Readathon: Hour Twelve Update



The first update!  Because I slept like a log...


Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


I woke up around approximately 10:00 A.M. to realize that I had dreamed I'd been reading.  Erego, I probably should just wake up and get started on this readathon!

I don't like doing constant progress updates, but have always intended at least an update every twelve hours, starting from the official Hour Zero... but that doesn't always happen, so you end up with those little gems like "Hour Forty-One... and a Half" for some old thon updates.  Life happens.

Anyway, after pulling my lazy self out of bed, I managed to make progress on one new book!  Excellent stuff!  And while I'd like to claim that I finished reading one of my current reads within these two hours I've been away, well, that's not what happened.  I actually did not pass out right away after posting my "Thon Starts Now!" update, and ended up finishing Entrapment by Kylie Brant, which took approximately one and a half hours to finish.

Meanwhile, during the time I've been awake this morning, I was able to squeeze about half and hour of reading in with Jayne Castle's Siren's Call.

And no, like usual, I'm rounding my time, because I haven't been able track my reading time properly since the first time I participated in this readathon.

Hope everyone else is having a fine time this weekend, with lots of books and snacks and activity!


Books Read


Entrapment by Kylie Brant | 245
-- 83 pages read in 1.5 hours

So here's one book finished, even though I technically only had about 30% left to read.  I had hoped to have Entrapment finished before the readathon weekend started so I could just start in on the rest of the books on my plan, but as I'd stated earlier, I got sucked into a video game, and stuff happened.

So instead, Entrapment gets included in my list of thon books for this winter!  Now we're moving along to the next read!


Currently Reading


The Heir by Grace Burrowes | 455 pages
-- 0 pages read in 0 hours

To be honest, I'm not really getting into this book, so the likelihood I will actually read any of it during this weekend is kind of slim.  Still, it is still one of the books I'm currently reading, so on the off-chance that I decide I'm going to give it a go, I'll go ahead and list it here.




Then Came You by Jill Shalvis | 572 minutes
-- 0 minutes listened to

I like having an audio book going for anytime I think I'm going to need to use my hands and my focus for something else for some time.  If I'm doing some passive, mindless activity, like blogging or playing video games, then these handy little lovelies are wonderful.

Of course, I'm also not quite enjoying this particular Jill Shalvis book... yet.  I do hope it picks up soon, but I'm starting to feel a bit wary of our main couple, and I'm only a little over an hour into the book...


Siren's Call by Jayne Castle | 232 pages
-- 19 pages read in 0.5 hours

I had fully intended to give this book a full hour of reading after I woke up this morning.  But then I started blogging and time got away from me.  So I ended up only devoting about half an hour, if that at all, to this book.  It was probably more like 20 minutes, but details...


No comments:

Post a Comment