Monday, July 9, 2018

Read-a-thon: 24 in 48! July 2018 | Ani's Plans!


So here is the basic gist of this read-a-thon as copied from the 24 in 48 Readathon site:

Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


I never participate hardcore in these readathons, but I believe I have always participated since I first stumbled across 24in48.  For one, I think the thon always managed to land on a weekend I didn't have to work, which certainly makes it easier to stay up all night and all day reading.

Anyway, this July 2018, the thon will be the weekend of July 21st and 22nd.  I'd say that I'm super pumped, as I usually am, but really, I'm not so sure.  I've always hit quite below my readathon goals, and since I'm still in semi-reading-slump status, I don't know what I can accomplish.  But maybe, just maybe, I can find a means to get some books read that I'd been meaning to read... or maybe I'll just pick up whatever floats my boat.

More than likely, I'll just end up with a pile of Jayne Ann Krentz, since I'm still kind of in my phase and going.  So my list of possible reading choices, will probably look a little like this:




I don't really have a goal for that weekend in mind yet, although, obviously, one of these thons, I'd like to manage to incorporate 24 hours of reading over the weekend.  This has not happened yet.  More than likely, I'll end up finding something else to do and manage to read all of one book.

Maybe...

Happy reading everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment