Saturday, August 25, 2018

Halloween Bingo 2018 | Take Your Head Start!

(link above leads to the announcement!)


So I would be lying if I said I didn't see this one coming.  =D  While I've got a couple other books I'm trying to finish reading before the official game was set to begin next Saturday, I'm actually quite ecstatic, as always, whenever our game hosts throw a couple plot twists in our direction.

Now the real question turns out to be:  What book will I choose to start the game with?



I honestly got a little excited thinking that I could totally start squeezing in The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley, which I will be reading for the Gothic square.  I have it as an Audible, and since it usually takes me a bit more time to finish audio books than other books formats (e-books typically average 3 to 4 days if I'm getting into said book), I was going to start this one.  It's not like I couldn't finish this 11 hour audio book in two months, but a little extra padding wasn't going to hurt, and I wasn't going to be able to start immediately on September 1 anyway due to travel plans for that weekend.

But then I got that: "Oh noes!  I can't!"  I had already chosen The Splendour Falls as the book I will be reading in September for my Reading Assignment Challenge.  Drat.

Ah well.  I'm not one to break rules, so that brings us to the other options I'm narrowing myself down to.  The following are all library book borrows (which I have a lot of for this year's bingo), so I want to knock one of these out first.  The question is... which one?


I'm determined to finish at least one of the books I've already started this month today, so I'm going to spend time doing that.  THEN, I shall jump into one of the above books, giving myself a few more hours to decide what I want to start with for Halloween Bingo!

I'm totally ready to roll!


2 comments:

  1. The Name of the Star or 2nd choice spellbound. I'm saying this purely through my incredible knowledge of said books names and nothing else. :-)
    I'm currently about to start on So I'm a Spider, So What? so maybe I shouldn't get a vote on a book connoisseur list lol. I assume your travel plans are for your brother, wish I could help to, anyway have fun and good luck. Don't work to hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Surprisingly, The Name of the Star ended up being the book I started reading. Nice guess! It's turning out to be pretty good, much better than I had expected.

      Delete