Monday, August 27, 2018

It's Monday! Halloween Bingo Pre-Read is a Go! | 08/27/2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself.  It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile!  So welcome in everyone.  This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey.  Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.  And here we are!


With Halloween Bingo around the corner, I'm trying to clear off my current reads, as well as a few other books I'd been meaning to finish reading, so that I can focus entirely on Halloween Bingo books.  Whether or not I will be successful is another matter, but there you have it.

To my utter surprise, however, I hadn't thought I'd be able to knock out so many books so quickly, and I'm sure it has a little to do with Moonlight's bingo "head start" announcement.  Within the weekend, I managed to finish all three of my current reads, of course two of them were books I'd already been reading and was already halfway finished with.

Still, I call it progress!

As for my Halloween Bingo pre-read, I've been shuffling books around, and after hitting the library this morning, I finally decided on The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson:


It's been a long time since I've read anything remotely YA, so I decided to go ahead and get started on this one and knock it out of my bingo first before I end up dragging it out.  I just haven't really been in a mood for YA, and I know I might end up letting the book sit there and fester if I've got a bunch of other books I'm more interested in.

I'm not saying that The Name of the Star won't be interesting, as I've seen a lot of great reviews for it, but when you're just not in the mood for something, you're just not in the mood for something.  So while I'm between reads, and before the official game begins, I'm going to give this book the chance it deserves.


Meanwhile, there's a lot going on in the personal life that may or may not interfere with the reading life... we'll take it day-by-day, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to black out my card like I've done the past two years I've participated!


What I Read Last Week




I actually just finished Lake Silence hours before posting this week's It's Monday!, but I'm including it as part of what I read last week anyway... because I can.


What I'm Currently Reading





What I'm Planning to Read Next





Other Plans On the Blog


I don't have a lot of planned reads for this coming week, if only because I'm loathe to start anything I may not finish before September.  I really want to just focus on my Halloween Bingo books, because at the reading rate I've been going on, if I get sidetracked, I may not be able to finish reading books for all 25 of my Halloween Bingo squares.  And I would love to continue blacking out my card, as per usual.

With Moonlight's 'Head Start' announcement, I've at least got one Halloween Bingo book I'm able to dive into pre-Bingo start, so that's a plus!

Since September starts at the end of the week, I'm hoping to start reading Morrigan's Cross, as well as finish off the rest of the Liar's Club series.  And once I've got the Liar's Club series out of the way, then I guess I'm free to dive into all of my Halloween Bingo books without any other reservations!


No comments:

Post a Comment