Saturday, September 8, 2018

Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #1




I feel like I'm slacking, seeing so many with four plus books already read.  At least I've finished my second book and have started three new books for Bingo!  Of course, looking back now, I think I usually start Bingo this way anyway--with fewer books read, and several books started... and then all the books get finished at the same time nearing the middle of the game.

I still haven't quite decided how I'm going to mark my card, but I've got a bit of an idea forming... which is really to say, I saw some others' ways of marking their bingo cards, and I'm going to shamelessly borrow a bunch of ideas.

So this first update will have no marked card, just yet.  And before anyone wonders, no, it probably won't be anything fancy at all.  I'm just not feeling motivated enough to come up with anything fantastic, and have been playing with the idea of recycling what I did back in 2016, just using book covers to mark my card.  Honestly, I kind of like the way that looked, though I'll also have to come up with a "called" marker to go with it... or not.

Meanwhile, everyone can enjoy my "I spent a lot of time creating and recreating because I obviously had too much time on my hands and no respect for the concept of sleep" visual/card/table tracking thing... just scroll down.  On a side note, I decided to hunker down and figure out how to map a table using html rather than just creating one in word, doing a copy and paste, and hoping that everything copied over properly.  At least this time, having created this visual completely using html and uploaded pictures... I've got an easier script to work with.  The previous one just looked way too messy...

Ahem... moving along now.


Updated Marked Card:


Coming soon!

Called Square:  TBA
Read Square:  TBA
Called and Read Square:  TBA
Bingos:  TBA


Currently Reading:



FOR FOR FOR
OR

Squares/Books/Called Dates/Update Post Links/Tentatives:


Basically I'm listing everything from called dates to read dates, to the covers of books I'm planning to read (or would like to read) for each square, in a new, fancy table/array/visual (whatever you want to call it) for everyone's perusal!

Progress:  4 squares called || 2 books read || 0 squares completed
(on my card only)

Squares called that I do not have:
TBA

Bingo Calls Thread
The Best and Worst of Halloween Bingo 2018
Report Your Bingos!

October Group Read | Discussion Thread -- Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

(links coming soon!)


Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
~*~*~*~
Called: 09/05/18
Read:  
Called: 09/03/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read: 09/03/18
~*~*~*~
Called: 09/01/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
~*~*~*~
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
~*~*~*~
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read: 09/06/18
Called: 09/07/18
Read:  
Halloween Bingo 2018
Ani's Book Abyss

Here are also some books that I would love to read for Bingo, but I have not officially allocated to any particular square.




And these books I have already decided on specific squares, but I'm still kind of on the fence about them:

For these corresponding squares


For these corresponding squares


Wild Card Author:



I haven't decided which author to use as my Wild Card yet, but I've been considering using Nora Roberts, as she is a writer of a lot of crime thrillers, romantic suspense, and supernatural, including the Circle trilogy I've chosen for this year's bingo.

Other authors I'm also considering are: Susanna Kearsley, who writes Gothic with a bit of supernatural; Elizabeth Peters, who has a lot of cozy mysteries; or another obvious option, Agatha Christie!


No comments:

Post a Comment