Sunday, October 7, 2018

Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #3


Halloween Bingo 2018


Apparently I'm bound and determined to read books for all the squares that haven't been called.  Not that I have any kind of strategy or anything, but when I started reading, that's just how my squares ended up.

Hopefully within the next week or so, more squares will start to fill up as Read and Called, as I've got a couple books being read for squares that have already been called, and more being planned to be read.  Although it would probably make me feel better, personally, if more squares I've already read for start getting called.

I'm currently working on The Devil in the White City for Creepy Carnivals, which will at least give me a column of Read squares that I can just wait for two more Calls on.  And this is if I finish reading the book before others.

But let's face it, I really should just get to reading.  There's really no rhyme or reason to my reading, and I'm nowhere near a Bingo, if anything.  And I haven't even really decided on what books to read for some of the broader square categories, like Murder Most Foul, or even Terrifying Women.


Updated Marked Card:




So after much deliberation, I've decided to really personalize my card this year... and also because I just couldn't resist using this recent picture of our family dog.  I present to everyone the marker that will depict all of my Called Squares:


Dino Baby!  Rawr!

And that is the extent of my creativity this year... along with that tedious visual you see when you scroll down.  Because the markers for my Read Squares will simply by a book cover to set to the left  side of the square as Dino Baby roars at it from the right side of the square.


Currently Reading:



FOR FOR FOR FOR



Squares/Books/Called Dates/Update Post Links:


Progress on my card:  16 squares called || 9 books read || 4 squares completed

Squares called that I do not have:
09/15/18 - Modern Masters of Horror
09/25/18 - Amateur Sleuth
09/29/18 - Supernatural

Halloween Bingo 2018: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Report Your Bingos!

October Group Read | Discussion Thread -- Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #1
It's Monday! Plus a Halloween Bingo Update, Just Because... | 09/17/2018
Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #2
Halloween Bingo 2018 | Book Rambles at Mid-game

*And also, when I've posted them, the book covers will link to my reviews.


Called:  10/01/18
Read:  
Called:  09/21/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called: 09/09/18
Read:  10/05/18
Called:  10/05/18
Read:  09/18/18
~*~*~*~
Called: 09/05/18
Read:  
Called: 09/03/18
Read:  
Called:  09/27/18
Read:  
Called: 09/17/18
Read:  
Called:
Read: 09/03/18
~*~*~*~
Called: 09/01/18
Read:  
Called: 09/23/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:  09/19/18
Read:  10/01/18
Called:
Read:  
~*~*~*~
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  10/06/18
Called:  10/07/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  09/27/18
Called: 09/13/18
Read:  
~*~*~*~
Called:
Read:  09/24/18
Called: 09/11/18
Read:  
Called:  10/03/18
Read:  09/22/18
Called:
Read: 09/06/18
Called: 09/07/18
Read:  
Halloween Bingo 2018
Ani's Book Abyss



Wild Card Author:



I haven't decided which author to use as my Wild Card yet, but I've been considering using Nora Roberts, as she is a writer of a lot of crime thrillers, romantic suspense, and supernatural, including the Circle trilogy I've chosen for this year's bingo.

Other authors I'm also considering are: Susanna Kearsley, who writes Gothic with a bit of supernatural; Elizabeth Peters, who has a lot of cozy mysteries; or another obvious option, Agatha Christie!


No comments:

Post a Comment