Sunday, October 14, 2018

Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #4




So I think I've made all of my decisions for my squares now... not that it'll stay that way, because I've already changed my mind twice this weekend about what books I will read for which squares.  Having recently finished reading LynDee Walker's Front Page Fatality (review coming soon), I suddenly found myself determined to finish reading the rest of the books available for this series and wondering how I can incorporate all of them into Bingo.

After deciding which squares will work and thinking that I'd use Walker as my Wild Card Author... I received a ping from an e-mail that a book I had on hold was ready for check-out.  Barbara Michaels' Houses of Stone had been a recommendation I put into the library's e-book system and they decided to add that book to their collection.  I really, really want to read this book after having seen some really good reviews.  So now I had to figure out how to include this book into my Bingo.

THEN, I finally got to reading Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire (which I will be finishing pretty soon, probably within the next few hours after posting this update), and so I'm considering continuing that series... but how to incorporate it into Bingo...

I finally decided to make a few compromises and so now we have a more solid plan for the rest of October... sort of.  I figure that as long as I have some sort of list to grab from as I finish each book, I might, just might, be able to Black out my card.  Maybe.  I'm still not entirely sure that I'll be able to Black out, but it's a better possibility than I'd had at the end of September after having only read about six Halloween Bingo books.

Anyway... very, very long story short:

I'm planning on reading, at least, the first three Nichelle Clarke books for Halloween Bingo.  It just so happens that the third book is called Small Town Spin, and what better square than 'Terror in a Small Town.'  The second book, Buried Leads will go into the 'Murder Most Foul' square.


Next, I'm choosing to insert Houses of Stone into the 'Terrifying Women' square.  That seems simple enough.


Finally, I'm totally dropping The Devil in the White City for now.  I'm not sure I can handle such a hefty book at this time, and I'm not really getting into it either.  Why I even chose to read it in the first place, I'm not sure, aside from the fact that it sounded interesting and I still needed a book for 'Creepy Carnivals.'  I'll probably come back to this book another time, because it still sounds quite interesting to me.  Had I had better progress in September for Bingo, I might have just stuck with it.  So instead, for 'Creepy Carnival', I'm going to be reading a short story by Seanan McGuire called Daughter of the Midway, the Mermaid, and the Open, Lonely Sea, from the Carniepunk anthology.


And now that I've rambled everyone's ears off... well, I guess I'm off to read so I can get caught up!


Updated Marked Card:





Dino Baby!  Rawr!  for Called Squares

Read Squares will simply be a book cover to the left of the square.


Currently Reading:



FOR FOR FOR



Squares/Books/Called Dates/Update Post Links:


Progress on my card:  19 squares called || 13 books read || 8 squares completed

Squares called that I do not have:
09/15/18 - Modern Masters of Horror
09/25/18 - Amateur Sleuth
09/29/18 - Supernatural

Halloween Bingo 2018: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Report Your Bingos!

October Group Read | Discussion Thread -- Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #1
It's Monday! Plus a Halloween Bingo Update, Just Because... | 09/17/2018
Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #2
Halloween Bingo 2018 | Book Rambles at Mid-game
Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #3

*And also, when I've posted them, the book covers will link to my reviews.


Called:  10/01/18
Read:  
Called:  09/21/18
Read:  
Called:  10/09/18
Read:  
Called: 09/09/18
Read:  10/05/18
Called: 10/05/18
Read:  09/18/18
~*~*~*~
Called: 09/05/18
Read:  10/11/18
Called: 09/03/18
Read:  
Called:  09/27/18
Read:  10/13/18
Called: 09/17/18
Read:  
Called:
Read: 09/03/18
~*~*~*~
Called: 09/01/18
Read:  
Called: 09/23/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:  09/19/18
Read:  10/01/18
Called:
Read:  10/09/18
~*~*~*~
Called:
Read:  10/11/18
Called:10/11/18
Read:  10/06/18
Called:  10/07/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  09/27/18
Called:  09/13/18
Read:  
~*~*~*~
Called:  10/13/18
Read:  09/24/18
Called:  09/11/18
Read:  
Called:  10/03/18
Read:  09/22/18
Called:
Read: 09/06/18
Called: 09/07/18
Read:  
Halloween Bingo 2018
Ani's Book Abyss




Wild Card Author:



I haven't decided which author to use as my Wild Card yet, but I've been considering using Nora Roberts, as she is a writer of a lot of crime thrillers, romantic suspense, and supernatural, including the Circle trilogy I've chosen for this year's bingo.

Other authors I'm also considering are: Susanna Kearsley, who writes Gothic with a bit of supernatural; Elizabeth Peters, who has a lot of cozy mysteries; or another obvious option, Agatha Christie!


No comments:

Post a Comment