Monday, November 26, 2018

24 Festive Tasks | Door 10: Bon Om Touk



(November 22 - 24)


Updates


11/26/2018:  Completed Tasks 1, 2 and 4.  I will more than likely skip Task 3.


Task 1


Make a paper boat and post a picture of it.  Instructions, if needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiAWx8odStA
-- COMPLETED 11/26/2018 --

It's been a very long time since I folded boats.  This is something I used to do with my mom and aunts when I was younger--folding origami to pass the time.  My folding skills aren't what they used to be.  I used to be extremely precise about my folds, making sure every edge was perfectly aligned, and ever fold pressed and pressed and creased, over and again.

I don't really remember how to make all of these, so had to look up the other ones.  So here is my rather flimsy fleet.



Task 2


If you’ve ever attended a procession or an event involving festively decked out boats, post a picture and tell us about it.
-- SKIPPING --

Unfortunately, this is something I don't recall ever having done.


Task 3


Bon Om Touk celebrates the end of the rainy season.  Tell us: What’s your favorite type of rainy day book – and do you have a favorite drink or snack to go with your rainy day reading?  Photos welcome!
-- COMPLETED 11/26/2018 --

I can read just about anything, rain or shine.  But going hand-in-hand with my comfort reads, I suppose picking up an exciting Romantic Suspense is always a great rainy day read for me.  Meanwhile, tea and some sort of sweet makes a wonderful rainy day reading snack.  Barring that, sometimes I like cheese and crackers.


Task 4


Which are your 3 favorite books where a key character is “moonlighting”?
-- COMPLETED 11/26/2018 --

1.
  Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire // Verity Price -- a bar cocktail waitress who moonlights as a cryptozoologist, hunter, and ballroom dancer!

2.  Veronica Speedwell series by Deanna Raybourn // Veronica Speedwell -- a lepidopterist who moonlights as an amateur sleuth // Stoker -- a taxidermist who moonlights as an amateur sleuth

3.  Colorado High Country series by Pamela Clare // various main characters -- they all have daytime jobs (firefighter, professional mountain climber, dog trainer, etc.), but also volunteer as a Search and Rescue team


So I have more than three books here, but eh...


Book Task


Read a book that takes place at sea or on a river OR with water on the cover OR where the plot involves a festival or the moon plays a pivotal role in the plot.
-- WORK IN PROGRESS --

This may require a bit of searching, unless any of the books I plan on reading will end up fitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment