Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- October 2018

Well, here's the last of my October (and in connection, Halloween Bingo) posts rolling out, days later than I would normally post each month.  My wrap up for October, in a nutshell...

My goal for the month of October... was pretty much trying to finish as many Halloween Bingo squares as I could.  In other words, I needed to completely double the number of books I'd be reading in October than I managed in September.  How did I do?

As we already saw from my Halloween Bingo Wrap Up, I think I did quite well.  Much better than I'd been expecting, in fact.

October Reads



Books Dropped/Put On Hold


On Hold

Currently Reading




October Reading Stats

Total works read: 17
  • 15 print/e-book novels
  • 1 audio books
  • 1 short stories

Average rating: 3.50 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  Discount Armageddon // 4.5 Stars
  • Lowest Rated:  3 books // 2.5Stars
    • (1) Sick of Shadows by Sharyn McCrumb
    • (2) Secret Admirer by Cynthia Eden
    • (3) Ghost Horse by Patricia Rosemoor

Series I started reading:
  • Discworld by Terry Pratchett
  • Elizabeth MacPherson by Sharyn McCrumb
  • Nursery Crimes by Jasper Fforde
  • A Nichelle Clarke Crime Thriller by LynDee Walker
  • InCryptids by Seanan McGuire
  • Wolfe Security by Laura Griffin
  • A Noodle Shop Mystery by Vivien Chien
Series I completed:
  • None
Series I have made progress on:
  • Cutler, Sutter & Salinas

Favorite reads:  I squee'd about Discount Armageddon, so we know that that was definitely my favorite read for the month of October.  I squee'd bad!  In other news, I also quite enjoyed The Big Over Easy, the three Nichelle Clarke cozies, and the newest Laura Griffin book, Desperate Girls.  Then there's Jayne Ann Krentz (also Amanda Quick), who is always a delight!

Disappointing reads:  I want to say that my biggest disappointment for the month of October was a tie between Secret Admirer or Spinning Silver.  While I wasn't exactly that bummed by Secret Admirer's less than on par writing, I was much, MUCH more disappointed that Spinning Silver didn't live up to the expectations I held based on how much I'd loved Novik's previous retelling, Uprooted.  But that could just be my own personal issues.


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes

  • Did not Meme this month!

Other Posts



Coming Up In November

Tentative TBR




Other Stuff

Obviously the beginning of The 24 Festive Tasks reading game has already bitten my excitement.  I'm already drafting many, many posts for updates, tracking, and book reviews.  I've already started looking for books for the Book Tasks already revealed, and I'm making plans for Non-book Tasks.  Where I might have slacked a bit in previous years, I'm actually feeling quite motivated this year!

Meanwhile, the other challenge I'm participating in will be in the works soon, as soon as I get a few other books finished.  Reading the entire series of Melinda Leigh's Midnight series for the 'Can You Read a Series in a Month?' challenge should be a pretty easy breeze... I hope.

Meanwhile, stay tuned for many other 24 Festive Tasks updates!


2018 Wrap-Ups 

Past Monthly Reading Wrap Ups (2016 / 2017)
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December



No comments:

Post a Comment