Sunday, November 4, 2018

Starting: Jurassic Park - audio book version!

Jurassic Park

by Michael Crichton
narrated by Scott Brick
Book 1 of Jurassic Park

~ Goodreads ~


Progress:  31 of 910 minutes listened to


So the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of "rereading" Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton.  Jurassic Park is really one of those old favorites you will always think back on fondly of, if only because it was such a novelty of a movie and book back in the day.

I don't often reread books, especially books I loved when I was younger.  I'm deathly afraid of finding out how much my tastes have changed and how much I DON'T like certain elements of a once favorite read.

But with the reading of our Flat Book Society book, The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs by Steve Brusatte, my mind started wandering to Jurassic Park, both the movie and the book.  Then I recalled one of the 24 Festive Tasks' Book Tasks for 'Dia de los Muertos':  "Re-read an old favorite from a now-deceased author, a book from a finished (dead) series, or a book set in Mexico."

The next thing I know, I'm thinking it might be a great idea to add Jurassic Park (or maybe another old Michael Crichton favorite) to a list of possible books for this square.  "Re-read an old favorite from a now-deceased author."  It fits perfectly!

Then I decided to just go for it!

I will be listening to the audio book version, narrated by Scott Brick.

And crossing my fingers that I enjoy this book as much as I did so many years ago.

24 Festive Tasks


No comments:

Post a Comment