Friday, January 25, 2019

Read-a-thon: 24in48 January 2019 Starts Now!


... or rather, in a little less than an hour, but we're counting down!

Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


I've been sadly absent and distracted this week... nothing serious, just kind of got myself hooked into one of those addictive mobile games.  -_-  The only reading goodness that came out of that was that it gave me a reason to spend time on my ongoing audio book, The Neverending Story.  Given that I usually have about three books going (one audio, one e-book, and one hard copy), the only time I spend listening to an audio book is during my drive to and from work, or if I'm doing some multi-tasking in which I cannot actually focus on reading text.

So I managed to get pretty far in The Neverending Story, which is still a bit flat for me, but is proving to at least have some interesting adventuring going on, even if some of it seems a bit dragged out.  But I only have about three hours of this thirteen hour book left, so I DO feel like I've made SOME progress this week.

On that note...

At the stroke of midnight...!

I shall stay awake and read for at least two hours... or at least I'll try.  And then I shall wake up in the morning and post an update about it around 8:00 A.M.  At least I'd like to think I will.  We'll see.

As of current, I'm still reading these books:


Realistically, my goal would be to finish the above books.  How I can even think about other hopeful reads is a bit of a reach.  HOWEVER, on the off-chance that I figure out a loophole around our space/time continuum, I would really like to get to the following other books.

Readathon Hopefuls:


What is everyone else reading this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment