Monday, February 25, 2019

BookLikes Snakes and Ladders | Dice Roll #2

Okay, so I changed my mind.  There WILL be a table... because I couldn't help myself.  It's a simple table, but it's a table nonetheless, because I like using tables now.

Meanwhile, since I got lucky and the book I was going to start reading anyway fit the square I landed on.  For square seven: "Author's last name begins with the letters A, B, C, or D." I read Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare.  Yay!


BookLikes Snakes and Ladders


My next roll was not so to my liking, landing me on Square 12: "Author's last name begins with the letters T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z."


While I was hoping to get another coincidental "two birds with one stone" deal, that didn't happen.  I would have loved to be able to count the next Blakewell/Kenleigh Family trilogy book, Ride the Fire, towards my square, but that's not going to work.  Of course, I could have probably just done so anyway and taken the "roll only one die" hit, but I'm stubborn... which doesn't account for the fact that now it'll probably take a couple extra days for me to roll again.

Meaning, I actually need to finish reading the Pamela Clare historical to count for February's Reading Assignment.  Of course, I could have just found myself another historical novel written by an author who's last name starts with the above listed letters... but I'm dead set on finishing the Blakewell/Kenleigh Family trilogy.

So... SEAL for Her Protection by Paige Tyler it is!  This book has been sitting on my Kindle for some time now and I'd been talking about needing guns and explosions in my reading life anyway.

So I decided that I will be reading these books in tandem and hopefully finish both in a timely enough manner to matter for anything.  After all, there's no urgency to roll again... really (except maybe my own excitement).  And after I finish Ride the Fire, I'll have a book I could retroactively claim for a future square with a prompt that fits, right?  Per the "holding a book in anticipation of landing on a specific square" Q&A?  Right?  =D

Because there are so many squares that Ride the Fire could fit with, and I'm stubborn enough to wait it out.


Currently Reading




Books Read Pending Square Selection


None yet.


My Progress


Dates for each dice roll corresponds with respective update post.
Book titles link to reviews if written.
Completed books' covers (read and used for squares) following table.

Date Dice Roll Square/Prompt Book Title / Author Fits Square?
02/20
na
1.  Author is a woman Sweet Release by Pamela Clare Yes
02/22
(2 + 4)
6
7.  Author's last name begins with the letters A, B, C, or D. Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare Yes
02/24
(2 + 3)
5
12.  Author's last name begins with the letters T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z. SEAL for Her Protection by Paige Tyler Yes



No comments:

Post a Comment