Monday, March 11, 2019

BookLikes Snakes and Ladders | Dice Roll #4

Well, it seems that I'm lagging behind a bit in this game, still hovering at the beginning of the board, though at least I'm on the third row now.  I was never lucky with this game when I was younger, though in truth, we played it as 'Chutes and Ladders', so I was hoping my cruddy luck with that version wouldn't roll over to this version.  But alas!  No ladders yet, and apparently I'm taking my sweet time with reading my books.

And then, as I'd mentioned before, I'm stubborn enough to search out specific books that will fit each square's prompt... at least until I can't.  I will rue the day I land on '95. Memoir' or '56. Published more than 100 years ago.'  I don't have immediate possibilities for these squares... not that I couldn't find them.  It's stuff like 'someone travels by plane,' or 'someone travels by train,' that may take a bit more research.

Anyway, I've finished reading two other books that I'm saving for possible future squares.  It's entirely possible, they'll just end up being used for the sake of being used.

And so here's the next update, now that I've finished reading Etiquette & Espionage!  A lovely book that took place in an elongated dirigible of a finishing school.  This book was so much fun!  I will have a review out soon.



BookLikes Snakes and Ladders


My next roll got me a 9, bringing me to Square 28: 'Set during WWI or WWII.'


I'm... going to take some liberties with this one.  Since this isn't a very restrictive game, I'm going to go ahead and insert Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld into this square.  Leviathan is an alternate reality steampunk fantasy that takes place during World War I.  Or at least it seems that World War I is brewing as the book progresses.

Of course, my only disadvantage is that I'm currently listening to this as an audio book, which usually takes me longer to finish than print books do.  Although truthfully, I'm not really too concerned with that, as I'll probably have hoarded a few more books to insert into future squares I may land on by then.  Then maybe I can just roll about three or four times in a row.  And also, I'm already halfway through the book and things are starting to get interesting (finally), so maybe I'll finish it earlier than I think I'd first thought.


Currently Reading




Books Hoarded Read For Future Square Use




My Progress


Dates for each dice roll corresponds with respective update post.
Book titles link to reviews if written.
Completed books' covers (read and used for squares) following table.

Date Dice Roll Square/Prompt Book Title / Author Fits Square?
02/20
na
1.  Author is a woman Sweet Release by Pamela Clare Yes
02/22 (#1)
(2 + 4)
6
7.  Author's last name begins with the letters A, B, C, or D. Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare Yes
02/24 (#2)
(2 + 3)
5
12.  Author's last name begins with the letters T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z. SEAL for Her Protection by Paige Tyler Yes
02/27 (#3)
(2 + 4)
6
18. Set in a school Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger Yes
03/09 (#4)
(4 + 5)
9
27. Set during WWI or WWII Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld Yes
TBA
TBA
TBA





No comments:

Post a Comment