Tuesday, March 12, 2019

BookLikes Snakes and Ladders | Dice Roll #5 & #6

Well, lookie at that!  Looks like I finished listening to the rest of Leviathan in record time after all!  A little bit of multi-tasking, a little bit of being completely and utterly lazy while I played some mobile games and passively listened to an audio book...  It also helped that the book itself picked up quite a bit after that midway point.

And now here I am, onto the next dice roll, and moving up in the Snakes and Ladders world!

Fortunately, my newest square means that I'm safe from a snake for the next roll, at least, even though I also won't hit a ladder.

I've also increased the size of Dino Baby's marker, since I felt it was a good idea.



BookLikes Snakes and Ladders


My next dice roll got me an 11, so I happily missed another snake head and landed on Square 38: 'Newest release by a favorite author.'  In which case, I'm doing a happy dance, because I just finished reading Untouchable by Jayne Ann Krentz less than a day ago!


Am I lucky or what?  Untouchable is definitely JAK's newest release this year, with one of her other books (written as Amanda Quick) not slated to release until May 2019.  It must be kismet or something, because I'd just gotten this book via library loan after waiting on a hold for some time, and told myself to get it read first, both because I wanted to get back to focusing on other books, and because I needed a slight break from historical novels.

With my continued devouring of Jayne Ann Krentz, my mission to read all of JAK's booklist, as ready I usually am to pick up another one of her books, I think it's safe to say that she's one of my favorite authors.

And so I got to roll a second time and got an 8, taking me from Square 38 to Square 46: 'A book that has been on your tbr for more than two years.'  Well, technically, this could be just about any book I've read, or am reading, or might have already read, since my TBR has been a mountain high for a very long time now.


Unfortunately, no immediate third roll for me, because the other books I've hoarded for future use during this game have only recently been added to my TBR.

Even though I've been reading Pamela Clare's contemporary work for years now, I never actually found myself drawn to her historical romances until just last year when I decided to add more historical fiction to my reading list.  And Thunder on the Right had been picked up quite randomly about two month ago at the library.

So... I'm choosing to use Slightly Shady by Amanda Quick, which I'd just started reading, and which will count because I've had almost all of Amanda Quick's books on my TBR since the first book I read of hers back in 2016.  Slightly Shady was no exception.

And because it's an Amanda Quick book, the next roll will probably come around pretty quickly.  =D

And now excuse me as I finally roll into bed, way past my bed time.  I need to learn to have a better sense of respect for sleep, but I just got too excited to finish this post.  So here it is.


Currently Reading




Books Hoarded Read For Future Square Use




My Progress


Dates for each dice roll corresponds with respective update post.
Book titles link to reviews if written.
Completed books' covers (read and used for squares) following table.

Date Dice Roll Square/Prompt Book Title / Author Fits Square?
02/20
na
1.  Author is a woman Sweet Release by Pamela Clare Yes
02/22 (#1)
(2 + 4)
6
7.  Author's last name begins with the letters A, B, C, or D. Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare Yes
02/24 (#2)
(2 + 3)
5
12.  Author's last name begins with the letters T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z. SEAL for Her Protection by Paige Tyler Yes
02/27 (#3)
(2 + 4)
6
18.  Set in a school Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger Yes
03/09 (#4)
(4 + 5)
9
27.  Set during WWI or WWII Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld Yes
03/12 (#5)
(5 + 6)
9
38.  Newest release by a favorite author Untouchable by Jayne Ann Krentz Yes
03/12 (#6) (3 + 5)
8
46.  A book that has been on your tbr for more than two years Slightly Shady by Amanda Quick Yes
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA



No comments:

Post a Comment