Monday, April 1, 2019

BookLikes Snakes and Ladders | Dice Roll #13... gets another SNAKE...

Having finished my last Reading Assignment book, Don't Look Back just in time to meet the end of the month "deadline," I'm happy to say that I've at least completed my March Reading Assignment reading list!  Yay!

But this is a Snakes and Ladders update, so we'll come back to that.  Finishing Don't Look Back also gets me moving onto the next dice roll!  Having finished my book pretty late in the night, I'm now stubbornly staying up to write this post just to announce my next move.



BookLikes Snakes and Ladders

And as you can see above, it seems as if I have hit another snake.  I rolled an 8 and landed on Square 87: "Snake - go back to 57."  Happy April Fools Day to me, apparently...  This is my second snake, but seeing as how I'm at the top half of the board, I'm not going to dwell on it.


Unfortunately, Dino Baby didn't really find the twisty-turn-y slide down to Square 57 very amusing... he is now a bit motion sick, poor thing, and expressing his dissatisfaction...


So I've been on Square 57: "Was published more than 50 years ago" once already, in which I was lucky enough to have had a pre-read book hoarded for the occasion (see my table below for details).  This time, I'm just going to have to choose a new book to read, and in keeping with my Reading Assignment Challenge requirements, I went looking for a historical fiction novel that would fit this square.  I ended up falling back on The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy, which was the book I'd thought of the first time I landed on this square, but ended up using Mary Stewart's book instead since it was already read.

I'd been meaning to read The Scarlet Pimpernel for some time already, and have the paperback sitting on my bookshelf, just waiting to be picked up.  What better time than the present, right?  And it'll help me knock out one book for Reading Assignment, and having been published in 1905, it definitely fits the Snakes and Ladders square.  Yay!

Meanwhile... it looks like I've got some reading to get to...


Currently Reading




Books Read Pending Square Selection


Nothing here!


My Progress


Dates for each dice roll corresponds with respective update post.
Book titles link to reviews if written.
Completed books' covers (read and used for squares) following table.

Date Dice Roll Square/Prompt Book Title / Author Fits Square?
02/20
na
1.  Author is a woman Sweet Release by Pamela Clare Yes
02/22 (#1)
(2 + 4)
6
7.  Author's last name begins with the letters A, B, C, or D. Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare Yes
02/24 (#2)
(2 + 3)
5
12.  Author's last name begins with the letters T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z. SEAL for Her Protection by Paige Tyler Yes
02/27 (#3)
(2 + 4)
6
18.  Set in a school Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger Yes
03/09 (#4)
(4 + 5)
9
27.  Set during WWI or WWII Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld Yes
03/12 (#5)
(5 + 6)
11
38.  Newest release by a favorite author Untouchable by Jayne Ann Krentz Yes
03/12 (#6) (3 + 5)
8
46.  A book that has been on your tbr for more than two years Slightly Shady by Amanda Quick Yes
03/16 (#7)
(5 + 6)
11
57.  Was published more than 50 years ago Thunder on the Right by Mary Stewart Yes
03/16 (#8)
(4 + 4)
8
65. Snake - go back to 52 n/a n/a
03/16
snake
52.  Has a tree or flower on the cover The Dragon and the Pearl by Jeannie Lin Yes
03/19 (#9)
(2 + 5)
7
59.  Was published more than 10 years ago Ride the Fire by Pamela Clare Yes
03/19 (#10)
(2 + 5)
7
66.  Part of a series that is more than 10 books long Murder on Astor Place by Victoria Thompson Yes
03/24 (#11)
(1 + 2)
3
69.  Something related to travel on the cover A Most Extraordinary Pursuit by Julana Gray Yes
03/30 (#12)
(4 + 6)
10
79.  Main character is a woman Don't Look Back by Amanda Quick Yes
03/31 (#13)
(3 + 5)
8
87.  Snake - go back to 57 n/a n/a
03/31
snake
57.  Was published more than 50 years ago The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy Yes
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA



No comments:

Post a Comment