Monday, April 8, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? | 4/8/2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself.  It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile!  So welcome in everyone.  This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey.  Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.  And here we are!


I had started drafting this post before I started reading A Dangerous Collaboration, allowing that it would probably take me at least three or four days to finish, seeing as how that's been my average on number of days it takes to finish a book.  But then I started reading... and it was history.  I couldn't put the book down and finished it in the wee hours of mid-morning when I should have already been asleep for hours.

And it felt good!  I don't know when the last time was that I read something I just couldn't put down because I utterly fell into the book.  I've always loved the Veronica Speedwell series, though, so I'm not really surprised at my progress--it wouldn't be the first time I started reading a book in this series and just kept on going without any proper respect for sleep.

Meanwhile...

There is still a lack of progress in my reading week, as we can see below, but this is par for the course now.  With the exception of finishing A Dangerous Collaboration within a twenty-four hour period, I really only managed to finish one other book all week.  Mainly, I spent two of those days sleeping off my cold, one of those days hanging out with my family, and the rest at work, wherein I would promptly pass out when I got home.  Of all the books I'd already started reading, I was feeling like I needed something a lot lighter while I'd been sick, and so just went for the last Amanda Quick book in her Lake & March series.  It was quite enjoyable and made me happy, so that was all that mattered.

I'm getting over whatever ick I managed to pick up, so there's at least that much to be cheerful about, and I'm ready to get back into more routine blogging.


What I Read Last Week




What I'm Currently Reading




What I'm Planning to Read Next




Other Plans On the Blog


Since I've already started reading so many books, I highly doubt I'll be able to actually start a new book this coming week.  In truth, it would probably be to my benefit to finish something before I start something new so I don't feel so overwhelmed.  So I'm simply going to list the few books that I know I plan on trying to get to for the month of April, including another Amanda Quick book, and the book for the Indigo buddy read over at BookLikes, Indigo by Beverly Jenkins.  I Contain Multitudes is a pre-chosen book for my Reading Assignment Challenge that I had decided to insert into April.

But before I can even get to those, I have a whole bunch of library books that need to be read.  I finished A Dangerous Collaboration before I knew it, and so now I'm looking forward to jumping into Wild Country.  Meanwhile, I do, indeed, need to finish reading Mort, both for the Discworld monthly read, as well as because it will be due to be returned to the library soon.

So, in the meantime, it looks like I might be taking The Scarlet Pimpernel a day at a time, which will ultimately mean that I won't be rolling for Snakes and Ladders for a while.  Of course, this also means that I'll have hoarded a bunch of other books to use in case I might occasion upon a square that requires it.


No comments:

Post a Comment