Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Booklikes-opoly 2019 | Roll #2

Booklikes-opoly
@ Booklikes, the book blogging social platform



So my very first BL-opoly book didn't take long to finish, and the truth is, it usually doesn't take me long to finish reading any Pamela Clare books.  I started reading immediately after midnight on Monday (5/20), intending to just read a chapter or two, then go to sleep, but the next thing I know, I'm 50% done with the book.  I went to work cranky the next morning (because I made myself stop reading, and because of lack of sleep).



Anyway, to recap, I read Hard Target by Pamela Clare for The Silk Road.  It fulfills the square being a book primarily set in Afghanistan, which is listed as one of the 40 countries along Silk Road.  And going by how quickly I finished the book, I think it's safe to say I really enjoyed it.  Make no mistake though, it wasn't the best book in the world, but Pamela Clare has a way with her stories.

Hard Target is 261 pages, which gave me a cash equivalent of $3, bringing my current Bank Total to $23.

Let's move onto the next roll.

I decided to go back to my dice roller app, as it was easier to just screen capture... and also Penni was otherwise distracted... because she's easily distracted by things...


My next roll was an 8 which (Yay!) moved me onto the Novelty Square: Robot.  According to the game play rules, I get to pocket this card, save it for later, and roll again!  I'm feeling lucky!


So now we move Teddy bear to the appropriate square and...  Hmm... it's looking a little quiet here, guys.  This makes me a bit nervous, seeing both Monkey and Penni... just hanging out... well, let's move on for now.  Maybe they over-did their excitement from all the pre-game hype.


My extra roll gets me a 4, which moves Teddy Bear Game Piece to Mountain Cabin 16.  And I'm totally excited about this one, because I've got the perfect book for the square.


Okay, yeah, this is more like it.  I suppose I was too quick to assume that things had calmed down on the live board so quickly.  Though at least Monkey's being helpful by holding Teddy Bear in place... and, what is that you're wearing on your head Penni?  Is that Teddy's paper boat?  He's going to want that back, you know?

Anyway...

Moving along...


Oh yeah!  I'm finally getting to Tightrope by Amanda Quick.  It took awhile for my library to pick up this book in e-book format, and then when they did, I checked it out, and was wondering if I'd have to read this book outside of the BL-opoly game just to get it read before I needed to turn it in.  But now, I can just read it and let it count for the game!  Lucky!

Tightrope is tagged mystery and suspense, and most of the more recent Amanda Quick books are all typically a mix of historical mystery, romance, and suspense, this one included.  Tightrope is 320 pages, which will give me a $3 addition to my Bank Total upon completion.

I'm so ready to get going with this one!


Novelty Cards Currently In My Pocket




My Progress


Current Bank:  $23
Prison Library Donation:  0 pages
Books Read:  1


Date
(Roll #)
Dice Roll Space/Prompt Book Title / Author Pages Cash
5/20 Game Start $20
5/20 (#1) 5 The Silk Road:
Read a book set in any of the 40 countries along Silk Road, or by an author from any of those countries.
Hard Target by Pamela Clare 261 $3
5/22 (#2a) 8 Novelty Card Robot -- save for later
(Create a numbered list of ten books, and let a random number generator pick for you)
n/a n/a n/a
5/22 (#2b) 4 Mountain Cabin 16:
Read a book that is considered mystery/suspense genre, or which has a title that contains all of the letters in the word C-A-B-I-N.
Tightrope by Amanda Quick 320 $3


No comments:

Post a Comment