Monday, June 3, 2019

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- May 2019

The end of the month drew in without my realizing it, and I'm a little behind in posting this wrap up.  It will also, once again, take the place of my "It's Monday!" meme, because there really isn't anything different to convey whether with this post or that one.

In reading news, I've been extremely absent from the blogosphere for a few days, with workdays being demanding, family stuff popping up, and kind of being stuck reading a book that's taking a bit longer than I'd anticipated.  It's been a little over a week since I last rolled for Booklikes-opoly and I'm itching to find out what my next roll has in store for me.  Most definitely, I will be landing somewhere within that first row of squares after passing 'Go', and so I'm also tempted to set aside my reading for a day and build more reading lists for possible upcoming squares.

Meanwhile, this next month is likely to be a bit busier, as we come closer to my big brother's wedding date in about one month.  So preparations are coming to a head, and lots of activity is going on!  Everyone's getting pretty excited!

Topped with that, we are dog-sitting again!  This time we get Yogi's little brother, Bear, whom everyone has met and gushed over at least a year ago!  The little imp is naughty has heck and is larger than life, sitting where he pleases, even if it's on your stomach.  But he's quite well-trained and will at least listen when you tell him to sit or "go to his room."  And so long as he knows how to use the doggy door to get to his potty area, my mom seems quite content.


It's okay, Baby's learning to share his stuff, even if it means he gives up one of his three beds to the visiting pup.


May Reads




Books Dropped/Put On Hold



None this month!  Yay!

Currently Reading




May Reading Stats

Total works read:  11
  • 9 print/e-book novels
  • 2 audio books

Average rating: 3.55 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  3 books // 4.0 Stars
    • (1) An Inquiry into Love and Death by Simone St. James
    • (2) Goliath by Scott Westerfeld
    • (3) Mortal Arts by Anna Lee Huber
  • Lowest Rated:  2 books // 3.0 Stars
    • (1) The Sittaford Mystery by Agatha Christie
    • (2) Tightrope by Amanda Quick

Series I started reading:
  • Legal Magick by Alisa Woods
  • Cobra Elite by Pamela Clare
  • Rocky Mountain K9 Unit by Katie Ruggle
  • The Light Isles by Juliet Marillier
Series I completed:
  • Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
  • Burning Cove by Amanda Quick
Series I have made progress on:
  • Lady Darby Mystery by Anna Lee Huber

Favorite reads:  I would say that my favorite reads this month are the books by Simone St. James, but to be honest, there were a lot of enjoyable reads for the month of May.  I'd even count Mortal Arts by Anna Lee Huber.  Even though The Bone Woman wasn't a personal favorite, it was still an inspirational, thought-provoking read, and so I'd give a shout out to it as well.

Disappointing reads:  And since I enjoyed pretty much all the books I've read in May, it's not easy to pick one I was specifically disappointed in.  Maybe Pamela Clare's newest release, Hard Target.  Even while being heart-felt and enjoyable, it didn't stand out the way I would expect from Pamela Clare.  But that's pretty much it.


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes


Other Posts



Coming Up In June

Tentative TBR



Other Stuff

As I'd stated before somewhere, with Booklikes-opoly in the works, I'm hard pressed to try to create a tentative reading list for this next month.  I could land on any square and receive any possible prompt, and then any pre-set reading plans would have to be set aside anyway.  And so I'm not going to try too hard to predict what's coming up next.

For sure, however, I will be hoping to start the above two books at some point in June, time permitting, and with hopes that I will land on a proper square task that will give me that chance.

There are, of course, certain other books I'd love to get to on my shelves... but that's pretty much true for almost ALL of the books that are on my shelves that I haven't read yet.  This is a reading game in which I shall endeavor to finally get around to the books that are already pre-owned, and have been waiting for my attention since at least three, four, maybe even five or ten years back.

We'll see how the BL-opoly fates decide for me at my next roll!


2019 Wrap-Ups 

Past Monthly Reading Wrap Ups (2016 / 2017 / 2018)
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December



No comments:

Post a Comment