Sunday, July 21, 2019

24in48 July 2019 Readathon: Hour 24 Update


What?  Where's Hour Eight?  O.O

Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


The whole of Saturday was spent with family, hanging out for lunch, and going shopping, so obviously I didn't really get any reading done.  But that's fine, cause I expected it anyway.  It was a rather lazy day, as we also spent most of the afternoon staying out of the sun and trying not to melt, because it was so freakin' hot outside.

Anyway, I DID still manage to get some reading done before the end of the day, clocking 1:13:23 on my stopwatch, and getting another 78 pages read of Her Deadly Secrets.  This only means I don't really get to roll again until maybe later today, because it'll probably take me about three or four hours to finish the book... and that's assuming I don't get distracted.  But I'm definitely determined to finish it, at least before the weekend is over, which will give me exactly one book finished reading... if I'm lucky.

Current totals so far this weekend include 162 pages read, and 2:38:20 hours spent reading.

Meanwhile, here's a pick of a pup with his head propped on my leg as he watches me munch on a cracker.


Conclusion:  Yes, he was given a cracker.  Those puppy eyes and the patiently waiting propped head pose was a little hard to resist.


Books Read


As of this update, I have not finished reading any books.


Currently Reading



Her Deadly Secrets by Laura Griffin
Total pages: 368 // Pre-readathon: 15 pages read
Progress:  177 pages read
-- 84 pages read by Hour 11
-- 78 pages read by Hour 24


No comments:

Post a Comment