Saturday, August 17, 2019

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- July 2019

Whelp!  This is probably THE latest I'd ever posted a wrap up for the previous month.  Time went by and I just got plain lazy about everything.  I could feel myself going into a bit of a slump, so I let myself go for a bit, not really forcing myself to really read unless I was feeling it.  In the meantime, I'm slowly catching up with some of my posts, and slowly catching up with some of my reads, and especially prepping for Halloween Bingo, to start in two weeks.

July came and went pretty quickly, and I think I read as many books as I'd expected, considering how busy the beginning of the month turned out to be.  With weddings and puppies and all sorts of family stuff happening... I know I kind of let myself drift a bit on the reading front.

But no matter, we read a lot of great books, none of which I truly disliked, even if there weren't any that really stood out to me.  All-in-all, the month was a great one.

July Reads




Books Dropped/Put On Hold



None this month!  Yay!

Currently Reading




July Reading Stats

Total works read:  8
  • 8 print/e-book novels

Average rating: 3.56 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  2 books // 4.0 Stars
    • (1) Her Deadly Secrets by Laura Griffin
    • (2) Cover Shot by LynDee Walker
  • Lowest Rated:  A Morbid Taste for Bones by Ellis Peters // 3.0 Stars

Series I started reading:
  • The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael by Ellis Peters
  • DC Icons by various authors
Series I completed:
  • None
Series I have made progress on:
  • Nichelle Clarke Crime Thriller by LynDee Walker
  • Wolfe Security by Laura Griffin


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes

  • Did not meme this month!

Other Posts



Coming Up In August

Tentative TBR




Other Stuff

I'm hoping that with fewer social obligations, I'll be able to get some more reading done for the month of August.  But I'm also relaxing myself a bit so I don't feel overwhelmed as Halloween Bingo rolls around.  After half the month has gone by already, and I've only really finished reading a couple books, I'm just going to go the rest of the month without really making myself read anything unless I really want to.  A short hiatus feels like it's in order while there aren't any reading games going on for me to try to keep up with.

With Halloween Bingo looming in the near distance, there are some books that I'm not sure will fit in with the game, so I'm kind of wanting to get them read if I can get to them before September.  And well, will you lookie at that--it looks like I'm still in the mood for some historicals despite the fact that I'd read so much the first part of the year.

I don't know if I'll actually read all those books I've listed, but it'll give me a list to start with if I'm looking for a random book to pick up, especially for the Bout of Books readathon coming up in the next week.  And obviously blogging might be at a minimal this month, as well.


2019 Wrap-Ups 

Past Monthly Reading Wrap Ups (2016 / 2017 / 2018)
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December



No comments:

Post a Comment