Saturday, November 5, 2016

My TBR List -- November 2016 Voting


My TBR List is a monthly meme hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading.
The basic gist of this activity is to have others help decide on which book out of three I'm selecting from my TBR pile I should read for the month via votes.  The posts will be published on the first two Saturdays (voting and winning book announcement, respectively), and the winning book review will be posted on the last Saturday of the month.
Click on the above links for more information.



And the TBR List Voting is back at Ani's Book Abyss!  For the past two months, I'd been happily buried books with a delightful seasonal bookish activity, Halloween Bingo 2016, so knowing my own ability to juggle too many things at the same time, I chose to skip this monthly meme for that time.  But now I'm rejoining the fun of this.

I had a lot of different themes I wanted to pick for the next few My TBRL months, but what really stood out to me was the fact that the end of the year is drawing near... and I'm running out of options for my Reading Assignment Challenge.  And since I actually DID flounder about what books I wanted to read for November's Reading Assignment, I figured that My TBRL was the best way to decide for me what to read.

The November Reading Assignment edition of My TBR List includes three of the remaining eight Reading Assignment books on my 2016 list.  Since I'm really supposed to read four books each month, I might just end up reading also, the book with the second highest number of votes; I already picked two other books (though those choices are always subject to change as well).


The Books


My Lady, My Lord by Katharine Ashe
-- Book 1 of Twist series

The Bluestocking
Lady Corinna Mowbray has three passions: excellent books, intelligent conversation, and disdaining the libertine Earl of Chance.

The Rake
Lord Ian Chance has three pleasures: beautiful women, fast horses, and tormenting high-and-mighty Corinna Mowbray.

Neighbors for years, they've been at each other's throats since they can remember. But when a twist of fate forces them to trade lives, how long will it be before they discover they cannot live without each other?


-- Book 1 of Hostage Negotian Team

Hostage negotiator Claire Michaels never thought she'd be involved in an international crisis.  Can she overcome her scars of the past to stop a new al-Qaeda threat?

Navy SEAL Rafe Kelly is on leave to recover from a knee injury he suffered during his tour in Afghanistan and he doesn't expect to be fighting terrorists on his home turf.  When he's taken hostage, he knows he has to fight or die.



Whirlpool by Elizabeth Lowell

As a child, Laurel Swann barely knew her father.  Always an enigma, intriguing and inscrutable, he was an elusive shadow flitting in and out of her life.   Even now, years later, he remains a stranger to her.  Still, when a mysterious parcel arrives containing a priceless Fabergé egg, Laurel is certain it came from him.  But she doesn't realize that her father's gift has brought death and terror into her world...

Against her will, Laurel is being dragged down into a swirling vortex of betrayal and violence.   And there's nowhere to turn for help--except to Cruz Rowan, an ex-FBI agent and her father's sworn enemy.  A strong, secretive, and dangerous man, Cruz has his own agenda and is spinning his own webs.

And he is her last and only hope...



Let's Vote!

**For BookLikes members reading this in the BookLikes dashboard view:  Click here to generate the voting box on another page if you would like to vote.  I don't know why the voting box doesn't show, though it appears in blog view just fine.

**For everyone else voting via BookLikes blog view or at the Book Abyss's Blogspot home:  You may ignore the above tangent.  The voting box shows just fine.

Again, thank you for stopping by and voting!



Previous My TBR List months at Ani's Book Abyss can be found at the Bookish Memes page.


14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It does! I've been wanting to read this book for a long time. Thank you for voting!

      Delete
  2. My Lady, My Lord...I love that cover!!! I hope you enjoy whichever one wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the first things that caught my attention about this book. And someone a couple years ago convinced me to add it to my TBR. Thank you for voting!

      Delete
  3. I voted for My Lady, My Lord as from the blurb it sounds like she enjoys good books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love a heroine who loves to read! lol Thank you for voting!

      Delete
  4. My Lady, My Lord! It sounds like it might have some good banter between them in that situation and I always enjoy that kind of sparring. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for good banter; I love when a couple has that kind of chemistry! The review I read about it a couple years ago mentions the banter. Thank you for voting!

      Delete
  5. I voted for Whirlpool, love the sound of it and the Faberge egg angle is kinda neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth Lowell always has some kind of theme to her books, from gold to rubies to pearls to textiles--and you get a little history lesson and some fact sheets to go with each as well. So I'm very curious about this one as I've only read one other book involving a Faberge egg and I think it would be a neat angle as well. Thank you for voting!

      Delete
  6. I went with my lady, my lord. I always tend to enjoy these sorts of books, with fun banter/sparring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting! I'm actually really excited to read this book; a review I read a couple years back promised good banter. And I love me some good banter. :D

      Delete
  7. Such a hard choice! I actually went with another one than I initially thought I would. I've been wanting to try Elizabeth Lowell's work for ages, but I voted for All Fall Down instead. That one really appeals to me right now. Not that I'm the one reading the book. :-) I hope you enjoy whichever wins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting! Elizabeth Lowell has always been hit-or-miss with me, but I still enjoy her writing--she's got a humorous charm to her characters that I like a lot, even if sometimes the stories are chaotic.

      All Fall Down is an interesting Romantic Suspense I've been curious about, and Bellon will be a new author for me.

      Delete