Saturday, April 2, 2016

My TBR List -- April 2016 Voting


My TBR List is a monthly meme hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading.
The basic gist of this activity is to have others help decide on which book out of three I'm selecting from my TBR pile I should read for the month via votes.  The posts will be published on the first two Saturdays (voting and winning book announcement, respectively), and the winning book review will be posted on the last Saturday of the month.
Click on the above links for more information.



Not that there's a requirement to create a theme for each of these My TBR List nominees, but I decided it'd be fun for myself to categorize each set of books each month.  It's easier for me to keep track of (with my spreadsheets and all), and it also makes it a little easier for me to determine what books to list for voting.

Because I'm weird like that.

This month's My TBR List will be a Let's Finish That Series edition.  Basically, I know I have one too many series I've started reading and really should get to reading the rest of the books in said series--one too many series where I've read the first book and haven't gotten around to the second book.

These series are, however, series that are already completed.  I'm considering another My TBR List meme for books in an ongoing series that I need to catch up with.  Either way, it helps towards finishing and/or catching up with series, which will eventually help me knock off more Reading Goals for my Bookish Resolutions.  These themes give me the leeway to reuse the same themed TBR List for future months with that added bonus of helping me finish series.

In a way, Win-Win.  Right?

Thank you to everyone for stopping by and voting!

The Books



Size 14 Is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot
-- Book 2 of Heather Wells series

Former pop star Heather Wells has settled nicely into her new life as assistant dorm director at New York College—a career that does not require her to drape her size 12 body in embarrassingly skimpy outfits. She can even cope (sort of) with her rocker ex-boyfriend's upcoming nuptials, which the press has dubbed The Celebrity Wedding of the Decade. But she's definitely having a hard time dealing with the situation in the dormitory kitchen—where a cheerleader has lost her head on the first day of the semester. (Actually, her head is accounted for—it's her torso that's AWOL.)

Surrounded by hysterical students—with her ex-con father on her doorstep and her ex-love bombarding her with unwanted phone calls—Heather welcomes the opportunity to play detective . . . again. If it gets her mind off her personal problems—and teams her up again with the gorgeous P.I. who owns the brownstone where she lives—it's all good. But the murder trail is leading the average-sized amateur investigator into a shadowy world. And if she doesn't watch her step, Heather will soon be singing her swan song!



Cover of Darkness by Kaylea Cross
-- Book 2 of Suspense series

Targeted by a terrorist cell, Bryn McAllister survives a bombing at the U.S. Embassy in Beirut only to be left to die in a desert cellar. When she is rescued by Navy SEAL Lieutenant Declan McCabe and his team, Bryn must rely on the handsome officer to get her to safety. But just when she thinks the nightmare is over, family friend and legendary CIA operative Luke Hutchinson recruits her and McCabe to help track down the terrorist mastermind responsible for the attack.

With Bryn determined to see the terrorist brought to justice, Dec joins up to protect her, prepared to do whatever it takes to keep her safe during their dangerous mission. Battling the explosive attraction between them, Dec fights to keep his distance from her so he can do his job and keep her alive. But when plans fall apart and Bryn is captured, he must make the agonizing choice between his duty as a SEAL and the life of the woman he loves.



Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson
-- Book 2 (final) of San Francisco series

A Woman Who Wants To Get Even . . .
The first victim is pushed to her death. The second suffers a fatal overdose. The third takes a bullet to the heart. Three down, more to go. They're people who deserve to die. People who are in the way. And when she's finished, there will be no one left. . .

Will Do Whatever It Takes For Revenge. . .
Cissy Cahill's world is unraveling fast. One by one, members of her family are dying. Cissy's certain she's being watched. Or is she losing her mind? Lately she's heard footsteps when there's no one around, smelled a woman's perfume, and noticed small, personal items missing from her house. Cissy's right to be afraid--but not for the reason she thinks. The truth is much more terrifying. . .

Including Murder. . .
Hidden in the shadows of the Cahill family's twisted past is a shocking secret--a secret that will only be satisfied by blood. And Cissy must uncover the deadly truth before it's too late, because fear is coming home. . . with a vengeance. . .


Let's Vote!

**For BookLikes members reading this in the BookLikes dashboard view:  Click here to generate the voting box on another page if you would like to vote.  I don't know why the voting box doesn't show, though it appears in blog view just fine.

**For everyone else voting via BookLikes blog view or at the Book Abyss's Blogspot home:  You may ignore the above tangent.  The voting box shows just fine.

Again, thank you for stopping by and voting!





Previous My TBR List months at Ani's Book Abyss can be found at the Bookish Memes page.


22 comments:

  1. I went with the Meg Cabot one because it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound fun. The rest of the books sound like they'd be fun too, so I'm hoping I'll be able to finish the rest of the series soon, too! Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  2. I almost went with Cabot because that's a series I want to read :) but I ended up voting for Cover of Darkness because it sounds exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book in the series was okay exciting, but I'm hoping the second book will be better as I've heard that was the case; because it DOES sound quite interesting. Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for voting! I keep meaning to finish this series soon.

      Delete
  4. I went with Meg Cabot. I haven't read anything by her but I know they are popular books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always heard good things about Meg Cabot (The Princess Diaries were a set of pretty great movies). The first Heather Wells book was enjoyable, so I hope the second one is good as well. Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  5. I went with Size 14 because I want to be size 14 again :) plus it looks like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Some days I wish I could maintain 14, but then food happens, and I swear, that number just increases.

      Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  6. Size 14 for me too, since I read the first one recently and enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was enjoyable, but not my favorite book in the world. But I hear the series only gets better, so I'm hoping that this second book is just as entertaining. Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  7. I voted for Meg Cabot because I read the first book but yet to read the second one. I hope it wins :)

    Vonnie's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking pretty good for Size 14 right now, just glancing at all the comments. Looks like I'll be working my way to finishing this series.

      Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  8. I voted for Size 14 is Not Fat either as that's the only author I know of these 3. And it sounds like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for voting! Meg Cabot is definitely the popular one right now.

      Delete
  9. I voted for Size 14 is not fat, because I love Meg Cabot's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to read some of her other books as well if the rest of this series goes well. Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  10. I love that you do themes. I try to do that as well--or at least I have the last couple of months. Having just read a book set in San Francisco, I couldn't help but vote for Lisa Jackson's. I hope you enjoy whichever wins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think themes makes it easier for me to decide what three books to list. And I noticed some of the others doing themes, too, so I thought it might be a good idea.

      Delete
  11. Good luck in moving to Blogspot, Ani! I chose size 14 because I remember enjoying those books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm taking slowly, transferring old reviews a little at a time, but I'm making good progress. And also thanks for voting!

      Delete