Friday, July 19, 2019

Read-a-thon: 24in48 July 2019 Starts Now!


... or rather, in a little less than an hour, but we're counting down!

Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


It's been a long week, and I've been mostly absent from the blogosphere, but I promise I'll be back with reviews and some updates soon.  And yes, I'm here to announce and confirm that I will be making my attempt to participate in this summer's 24in48 Readathon.

There are already some social plans being made for the weekend, but I'm still going to do my best to read as much as I can.  I'm proposing no goals this time, and plan on just keeping track of my reading time, and reading as much as possible.  Updates will probably be sparse and chaotic, but I want to at least update twice this weekend.


The only book I'm reading right now is Laura Griffin's newest release, Her Deadly Secrets, which is the last book I need to read for my Booklikes-opoly July Fourth Bonus Rolls.  Normally I have multiple books going at a time, but with how my current reading progress is going, I'm trying to take my books one at a time.

I'm only on the very first page, which means that I might just start over from the beginning and count the whole book for the weekend readathon.  I might spend a couple hours reading at midnight, then we'll get back to the book first thing in the morning after I get some sleep.

And then with the BLopoly Dice Roll Pantheon deciding the fate of my reading list, I'm not sure what my next read will be, so I've made no concrete plans.  But being me, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some hopeful reads for this weekend.  My hope is to finish Her Deadly Secrets sometime Saturday, which will allow me to roll again for BLopoly.  Then we'll move on and hopefully one of the books I've listed below will fit whatever square I land on.

Obviously, I'm not going to read all the books I've listed below, but one can hope, right?


Readathon Hopefuls:



What is everyone else reading this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment