Saturday, August 27, 2022

Ani's Halloween Bingo Tracking


I have spent the most of my day working on a manual tracking format for Halloween Bingo 2022.  But after I was done, I realized that everything turned out a bit messy, so it's entirely possible I'll end up just going back to my excel spreadsheet trackers.

I had a lot of stickers to work with and am always looking for a reason to use them, so the day wasn't a complete waste.





As far as books go, I haven't really given my squares a whole lot of thought.  I may or may not sit down at some point and do some planning, though there are a few books I'm kind of looking at reading, based off of my first glance of my card.

In no particular order, here are just a few of my thoughts based on what I have in my Kindle:


A is for Arsenic: the Poisons of Agatha Christie by Kathryn Harkup -- This is a non-fiction book I've had in my Kindle for a long time, and I figured that now would be a good time to read it.  I'm considering reading it for Arsenic and Old Lace.

An Unexpected Peril by Deanna Raybourn -- I'm ready to start back into one of my favorite series once more, and this book will fit into at least two or three squares I have, including Amateur Sleuth, Genre: Mystery, or maybe Darkest London.

I've also got a bunch of books by Mary Stewart that I want to read, though I'm not sure which squares I can get them to fit.  And I've also got my trusty large collection of Edgar Allan Poe short stories that I'm sure I can get to fit some squares.

I'm already considering using a wild card on Home Is Where the Hurt Is--the description doesn't quite appeal to me, and also I want to swap it out for Romantic Suspense.  Somehow, I feel like my Halloween Bingo doesn't feel quite right without Romantic Suspense since it's my go to genre.  Hehe  =)

Anyway, these are my thoughts so far.  I kind of want to plan some books so I know what options I have, but I also don't want to feel like I've locked myself down, so my strategy (or lack thereof, really), is to just read books and see where I can get them to fit into my Bingo card.

I have no delusion that I'll get a Bingo or a Blackout this year.  I'm really just in this to help motivate myself to read and blog again, so it's a plus no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment