Thursday, March 24, 2016

Cover Crush: Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst


Because no matter the book's summary blurb, author, or marketing, there's no doubt that many of us are drawn in by a pretty cover.  And the great ones are hard not to notice.  I'm admittedly not immune to wonderfully crafted book covers and have fallen prey to them time and time again.

Cover Crush is a feature originally thought up by Erin at Flashlight Commentary.  Every Thursday, she publishes a post featuring a book jacket/book cover that she really likes with a short commentary about it.  I discovered this weekly feature via It's a Mad Mad World  and decided to join in the fun!

***



I am absolutely in love with this cover!  In fact, this was one of the first ones I thought of when I was thinking about choosing covers to feature for Cover Crush

The colors are muted, yet at the same time, sharp in some areas that really draw attention to our main girl's dress and the motion of her dance.  Then there's the moon in the background, the cloudy surroundings and some of the intricate design and details on the bodice, her hair, the large hoop earring...

Gah!  This cover is just gorgeous!  I can't stop trying to look for more detail.  The book itself isn't so bad either.  I remember glancing at the cover a few times when Liyana is described dancing, whether just to pass the time or during her god summoning.

I DO wish we could see the rest of her outfit though.

A beautiful cover for an equally beautifully written book.


No comments:

Post a Comment