Saturday, March 12, 2016

Ani's Book Abyss Launches New Site!!!

I've been contemplating creating a separate blog space for my book reviews and bookish blog posts here at blogspot for a long time already.  But with the blogging functionality at Booklikes, I never went through with it--also, it was nice to have other people to discuss books with.

However, in lieu of all the problems that Booklikes has been having lately (slow loading, no loading, no website, etc.), I decided that maybe it'd be a good idea to create a back-up blog space... or even a main blog site for my book reviews and all things bookish postings.

This site will be a work-in-progress, as I don't really know what I want to do with it yet.  I have two other review blogs and a personal blog (all of which I haven't really touched in a long time), and I may model this book blog after them for the time being until I figure out what I want to do.

Hopefully, with how well my book blogging has been the past two years at Booklikes, and how readily I've been able to write book reviews at Goodreads since 2011, I will be able to upkeep this particular book blog for a long time to come.  At least... hopefully longer than my other two review blogs (see sidebar for links).

Sounds like a good plan, right?



Blogging To-Dos for the next month or so:
  • Format blog layout.
    • Background template design.
    • Header picture.
    • Blog pages/top bar links.
    • Sidebar links and other stuff.
  • Create Blog pages for different categories:  
    • Reviews by Author 
    • Bookish Memes 
    • Reading Challenges 
    • etc.
  • Transfer or rewrite and re-post book reviews from Goodreads and Booklikes.

Some Near Future Post Scheduling:
  • Review:  Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
    • First review post transplant from Booklikes--will footnote accordingly
  • Review:  Rebel by Amy Tintera
  • Review: Transparent by Natalie Whipple
  • Top Ten Tuesday: Spring TBR
  • Cover Crush:  A Steep & Thorny Way by Cat Winters
  • Review:  Taking Fire by Cindy Gerard
    • Possibly the first review not transplanted from Booklikes

Let's see how well I handle posting in three different platforms.  :D



No comments:

Post a Comment