Sunday, March 20, 2016

Short Review: Stardust

Stardust

by Neil Gaiman

Goodreads ~

Rating:  3.0 Stars

**Side note on 3/20/2016:  
This is the very first review I ever posted on Goodreads in 2012.  The following post has undergone no revisions prior to this re-post, because, even though it's amateurish (not that I'm a professional reviewer, by any means at present) and haphazard and short, it's got sentimental value.

Enjoy!  And thanks for stopping by!


I'm not too good at reviewing books, but here goes:

I chose this book (yes, superficially) based on the fact that I enjoyed the movie. The premise was cute and interesting and the story was written well. But I don't know if it's because of the fact that I saw the movie first, or just some forms of continuity, but the book version didn't really do much for me. Yes, I enjoyed it, but ultimately, it's not like this is something I would rave about or lose sleep over.

Nonetheless, I liked Stardust and Neil Gaiman does excellently in writing detail and painting his descriptions with his words. It just wasn't something that I would put on my favorites list since (as my only complaint) the ending was kind of bland. I really WAS expecting a whole lot more excitement towards the second half of the story line, but it almost seemed as if we were in a hurry to finish up so that we could get Tristran and Yvaine closer towards their happy ending without anything too demanding happening to them -- more paraphrased (at least that's how I felt about it) narrative than action (and I don't even mean that combats and fights and running around type of action).

Still, it was fun while it lasted.



This review was originally posted at Goodreads in January 2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment