Thursday, March 17, 2016

Cover Crush: The Steep & Thorny Way by Cat Winters

 Because no matter the book's summary blurb, author, or marketing, there's no doubt that many of us are drawn in by a pretty cover.  And the great ones are hard not to notice.  I'm admittedly not immune to wonderfully crafted book covers and have fallen prey to them time and time again.

Cover Crush is a feature originally thought up by Erin at Flashlight Commentary.  Every Thursday, she publishes a post featuring a book jacket/book cover that she really likes with a short commentary about it.  I discovered this weekly feature via It's a Mad Mad World at Booklikes and decided to join in the fun!

***


I swear I'm not really trying to do all this 2016 releases promotion thing, but these covers DO keep jumping out at me.  The Steep & Thorny Way came out last week, and while I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet, I'm hoping to sometime soon.

In terms of the cover, I don't know, I just kind of like the way the typeface is set up to look kind of thorny and like tree bark... at least it looks like tree bark to me.  And the melting, blurred, swirly imagery in the background behind the girl is kind of neat too.

All together, there's just some kind of historical haunting kind of feel to it.  And I'm usually not one to read historical, but this cover was interesting enough that I paid attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment