Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Spring TBR


Top Ten Tuesdays is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


~~ Spring TBR ~~


I don't think I've actually done a TBR forecast in a while aside from the brief tentative reading list I project for each monthly reading wrap-up.  Sadly, as was the issue with my February tentative TBR, it's actually quite curious that I don't already have twenty plus books lined up for the next month.  And so I don't really have much of a scheduled TBR.

I DO have a few books already chosen as possible reads for the next two months for my Reading Assignment.  Seeing as how I've already managed to finish or have started reading all the books in my March Reading Assignment, the rest of the month is really just mood reading.  April and May, however, are still a question mark, but I've got at least five books chosen already.

Then there are those new releases in 2016 I would love to get my hands on.  And finally, just some random books, and the usual Honorable Mentions.


Three 2016 New Releases


The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

This is THE book to look forward to.  In fact, I've been anticipating this book since the moment I finished reading the very first Raven Cycle book and decided that I was in love with the series, the world, Maggie, and Gansey.  I am SO looking forward to the conclusion of the Raven Cycle... yet at the same time, I'm jittery just thinking about it because I don't know what Maggie is going to do to my beloved characters and I might just cry.

Release date:  April 26, 2016

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury

I might not have loved the first two Corpus books, but they were enjoyable reads nonetheless, and Jessica Khoury's writing is excellent--attention to detail and vivid imagery makes for a great reading experience anytime.  Topping it with my already piqued interest in The Forbidden Wish, all the hype surrounding it, as well as all the great reviews I've been seeing from trusted reviewers, I'm anticipating this read even more.

This book is already available and I am currently awaiting my turn on my library's hold request waiting list.

Crossing the Line by Meghan Rogers

"If Jason Bourne were a teenaged girl…"

Along with the sleek looking cover illustration, that tagline above was all I needed to auto-TBR this book when I first came across it.  I've never read the books, but The Bourne Identity was always one of my favorite movies (it might be a Matt Damon thing, 'cause I DO love me some Matt Damon), even if the rest of the movies were just so-so.

My only quibble is that I have yet to read a teen spy book or watch a teen spy movie that didn't come out comically juvenile or request too much of my suspension of disbelief.  I'm not saying that none of them were enjoyable--to be honest, they were all enjoyable in their own ways (Also Known As by Robin Benway and Investigating the Hottie by Juli Alexander were both delightfully cute).

But I get the feeling that Crossing the Line isn't supposed to be cute or comical... so I'm not sure what kind of mindset to enter into this book with yet.  I'll figure it out.  Nonetheless, I'm still looking forward to this book.

Release date:  April 12, 2016


Pre-chosen Reading Assignment Books


Where Angels Rest by Kate Brady
Where Evil Waits by Kate Brady
Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn

Prince Joe by Suzanne Brockmann
Forever Blue by Suzanne Brockmann

There are three other Reading Assignment books I have tentatively chosen for the next two months, but that I'm not entirely sure I will stick with.  The above, however, I'm not going to change my mind about.  The first three books, I will be reading in April and the last two will be read in May.  Four romantic suspense books and one historical romance.  Five books of which I am very much looking forward to reading.  Of the other two books, there are two YA's present, but they might get shuffled back out.

I had initially planned to read Silent in the Grave in March... which technically is still part of the Spring season, but for reasons, it got reshuffled into April.

If anyone is interested, here is an updated list of my Reading Assignment pre-chosen books, with the books I've already read marked off (might have to scroll down a bit to see the list).  If any of them interest you, let me know, because I could use an extra hand deciding what other books to read.  Oh, decisions, decisions!

Thanks in advance!


Other Books


Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn
Silent on the Moor by Deanna Raybourn

I've never been much for historical fiction, but I've been slowly working my way into certain well-received books in this genre.  With the impending reading of Silent in the Grave, I am also curious to read the rest of the Lady Julia Grey series and have a need to jump right into the rest of them when I can get to them in the next two months.  It's not like I have a concrete reading list for the month though; anything can happen.  And I suppose, if I continue to enjoy the series, I'll just finish off the last two books, Dark Road to Darjeeling and The Dark Enquiry.

And then there are novellas too!


~~ Honorable Mentions ~~


Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen
Warrior Witch by Danielle L. Jensen

Stolen Songbird was very enjoyable and so I've been looking forward to finishing off this series.  Seeing as how Warrior Witch isn't slated for publication until May 3, I've been holding off on reading Hidden Huntress for my own reasons.  The reason why these books are only Honorable Mentions is because I'm not entirely sure yet whether I will be reading them in the next two months of Spring or if I will hold off until later in the year, pending my mood.

Far Gone by Laura Griffin
Deep Dark by Laura Griffin

As Laura Griffin has become an auto-TBR author and I have probably read all of her romantic suspense books except for the above two (as well as other newer books that may be releasing this year), I'm looking forward to reading the above two books a lot.  Far Gone is one of the tentative picks for either April or May as a Reading Assignment book, but with four other romantic suspense books already chosen, I'm contemplating moving it to another month to even my genres out a little.  

Deep Dark will not be released until nearing the end of May (May 24), and by the time I get my hands on it, the spring season will be over.


***

So what's everyone else looking forward to reading this spring?


2 comments:

  1. So excited for The Raven King! It was on my list this week too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/15/top-ten-tuesday-48/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's been such a long wait. I'm re-listening to the audiobooks of the first three books to get me all hyped up.

      Delete