Monday, December 18, 2017

2018 Reading Assignment | Spring Semester Book List!

Michelle and Berls @ Because Reading


This post and subsequent updates will be linked at 2018 Reading Assignment Challenge Page.

I have been participating in this particular Reading Challenge since its inception in 2015, and I had been considering sitting out of this challenge in 2018.  While 2015 and 2016 were great years for my reading, it seems that my reading life had been taking a bit of a nose dive.

I barely struggled to finish my challenge with a perfect score in 2016, so chose to drop my level by two--from reading 4 reading assignment books a month to reading 2 reading assignment books a month.  I then promptly failed my first quarter by being unable to read the necessary number of pre-chosen books the first two months of 2017.

And now, despite the fact that the year is yet to be over (only a few days, really), I already bombed the last two months of Reading Assignment 2017... then just decided to give up altogether.

So for 2018, I was going to sit out.

Then Michelle and Berls decided to make a few new changes for 2018's Reading Assignment Challenge:
  • Commit to reading 1, 2, 3, or 4 books a month and MAKE A LIST of the SPECIFIC books you will read in January – June.  This is one of our changes… rather than committing for a year, you’re just picking the books for the first half of the year.  You’ll make a new list and commit to a new number of books per month in June for July – December.  So 2 books a month works for January – June, but only 1 for July – December?  That’s fine!

The Levels:
Reading Level 1:
12 books (1 book/month)

Reading Level 2:
24 books (2 books/month)

Reading Level 3:
36 books (3 books/month)

Reading Level 4:
48 books (4 books/month)


Once again, the challenge is separated into four quarters, and each quarter will be a new start to receiving a new grade, with the same list of books you have pre-picked for 2018.

Quarterly Grading System
  • I made an A! Read all your books all three months of the quarter.
  • I made a B! Read all your books for two months of the quarter.
  • I made a C! Read all your books for one month of the quarter.
  • I made an F! Didn’t read all your books during any months of the quarter.


Honestly, this is pretty awesome!  So I'm going to participate.  Of course, I'm mainly excited about separating our book lists into two different semesters, with a chance to choose a new set of books for the second half of the year, which will obviously be based on my own mood.

In spite of the new rules, I will be going with Reading Level 1.  With the way things have been going for me, I'm not certain I'll be able to read more than one assigned book a month, and with a less difficult level, I'll at least be freed up to participate in a lot of other, shorter challenges, as well as mood read my way through 2018.

So I will be choosing a total of 6 books for the first half of 2018.

For more details, visit the 2018 Reading Assignment Challenge sign up post at the beginning of this post.


My 2018 Spring Semester Reading Assignment List:

-- List was finalized on 12/18/2017
See Also: Goodreads Shelf - 2018 Reading Assignment Challenge

This list is in order by author's last name and not the order in which I will be reading these books.


1.  That's Amore! anthology by Janelle Denison, Tori Carrington, Leslie Kelly
2.  Pretty Girls Dancing by Kylie Brant
3.  Mistress of Mellyn by Victoria Holt
4.  Blood Surfer by Debra Jess
5.  Snowbound with the Notorious Rake by Sarah Mallory
6.  The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn S


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment