Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- February 2018

Due to my own personal reasons, which amounted to nothing more serious than that maybe I just needed a break from something I really love, I didn't end up finishing the books I'd planned to finish reading for February.  Because of this, obviously the blog ended up being pretty quiet for some time, with only the occasional It's Monday! meme just to let everyone know that I'm still here.

Anyway, for some reason I decided to start reading about four books at about the same time.  Or rather, I started listening to an audio book, reading two other books... then threw another book in when March rolled around.  February is a short month anyway, and before we knew it, it was over.

February Reads




Books Dropped/Put On Hold


None this month!  Yay!

Currently Reading




February Reading Stats

Total works read:  7
  • 4 print/e-book novels
  • 2 audio books
  • 1 anthology

Average rating: 3.30 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  A Treacherous Curse by Deanna Raybourn // 4.5 Stars
  • Lowest Rated:  Cold Image by Leslie A. Kelly // 2.0 Stars

Series I started reading:
  • None
Series I completed:
  • None
Series I have made progress on:
  • Harmony by Jayne Castle (Jayne Ann Krentz)
  • Veronica Speedwell by Deanna Raybourn
  • Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis
  • Santori Stories anthology
  • Extrasensory Agents by Leslie A. Kelly
  • Tremaine Traditions by Kylie Brant

Favorite reads:  Because I only read so many books in the month of February, it wasn't hard to pick out the ones I especially loved.  Obviously, based on ratings, A Treacherous Curse was my most favorite of books for the month.  I've enjoyed each book of this series so far, and A Treacherous Curse did not disappoint, so I am extra happy about that.

Meanwhile, other books were a bit meh, but I might also give Illusion Town by Jayne Castle a quick shout out, as there hasn't been an occasion yet that I haven't enjoyed a book in the Harmony series.

Disappointing reads:  I truly am disappointed that Leslie A. Kelly's most recent installment of Extrasensory Agents wasn't more to my liking.  I haven't posted a review yet, but for the most part, I think I would have loved everything about this book save for the execution, presentation, and lack of editing.  The concept was a good one, the characters had potential, and the mystery DID have me wanting to know how things turned out.  But there were grammar errors and typos enough to pique my irritation, and then there was a schmaltz factor that really got my eyes rolling.


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes


Other Posts



Coming Up In March

Tentative TBR


Other Stuff

I had initially planned to finish reading Jayne Ann Krentz's Whispering Springs series in February, so had gone ahead and planned on tentatively adding two more JAK books to March, in keeping with my Author Love challenge.  But now I really don't know what I want to read for March.  If I take away those two books, however, then I've got a seriously skimpy list, so they're staying.

Meanwhile, I can't really think of much I'm planning for this blog.  The Booklikes platform is playing a new reading game that I briefly considered joining, but then decided to bow out this time, if only because I didn't really have time to go over all the rules and decide if I wanted to play.  With what my recent reading has looked like the past couple weeks, however, I might not have made it very far anyway.

I suppose I'm just going to spend another month just reading in an extremely laid back fashion.


2018 Wrap-Ups 

Past Monthly Reading Wrap Ups (2016 / 2017)
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December



No comments:

Post a Comment