Monday, February 4, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? | 2/4/19

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself.  It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile!  So welcome in everyone.  This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey.  Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.  And here we are!


This week's 'It's Monday!' is brought to you by Static Baby:

I was told you have something for me!

And now onto our regularly scheduled meme!

I know I'd already included Mr. Ridley in the previous 'It's Monday!' post, but I technically didn't finish reading it until last week, which effectively puts it into this Monday's update.  So here it is again in a more official capacity... just so I could plump up my post a bit more.

In other news, it's another new year, the Lunar New Year, the Year of the Pig!  The official first day of the New Year will be February 5, but due to time constraints, my family decided to do our socializing a little early.  Lots of things going on in the real life world, with family visits, lots of food, and lucky red money packets.  Reading, obviously comes to a bit of a standstill during family gatherings, but I'm still hoping to get a couple books read.

I had intended to finish Part Time Cowboy before the weekend was over, but that didn't really happen.  But never fear, it's quite a breeze to read through, so even though it's been a bumpy one, I'll finish it soon and have a review out.  In addition, I think I'm finally going to call it quits with The Disappearing Spoon.  I'm just not feeling this book, and I've been eyeing other books I'm itching to read, so I'm putting myself out of my misery and moving on.

Meanwhile, my brother and his fiance brought their fur kids up to visit, so here's a reintroduction to Bear, all grown up, but still looking (and acting) like the little baby doggy that he is!

Just chillin' on the coffee table... don't mind me.



What I Read Last Week


 



What I'm Currently Reading





What I'm Planning to Read Next





Other Plans On the Blog


Really, the only activities I have planned would be book reviews... not-quite-galore.  Hopefully I'll have the Vanza series finished soon--two books left--followed by a series review.

Also, as you can see, I had HAD a plan for February, but the truth is, I couldn't just let King of Scars sit there and NOT start into it.  I was hoping to give some attention to Equal Rites first, but Leigh Bardugo, and Grisha-verse, and Nikolai, and... well... it can't be helped, ya know.

Otherwise... not a whole lot else going on, really, so I leave everyone with this last photo.


These two are actually getting along a lot better than they did last time.  And Baby learned to play nice by sharing all of his toys... which ended up being strewn across the living room as Bear couldn't decide which one he wanted to play with most.  Le sigh...


No comments:

Post a Comment