Monday, April 29, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? | 4/29/2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself.  It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile!  So welcome in everyone.  This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey.  Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.  And here we are!


So this last week was much better in terms of finished books, and also, I made my next Snakes and Ladders move after a few weeks.  Yay!  With library due dates looming, I kind of scrambled to get a couple books read, but considering the caliber of said books, I didn't really have to force myself to binge-read anything.  Everything I've finished so far these past couple weeks has either been delightful, or good enough to keep me hooked!  Always yay for that!

In other news, I've got some fun bookish stuff to share!

My brother and his wife recently went on a vacation to Los Angeles, and came home bearing souvenirs.  Mine, of course, was of the bookish variety (they know me so well!  =D).  They had gone to Harry Potter World, and asked me which House I was:


I got a scarf and a leather bookmark.  Excellent choice for a bookworm like me, right?

Meanwhile, I had my own bookish excursion at the local library sale.  They do these every few months, and you get to bring home a large bag of books for only $5.  I couldn't resist this time, and also came home with a brand new library tote for an extra $2.


My haul this time around wasn't as great as it's been in recent years, but my BFF and I combined our findings and shared one bag--and I got to keep the tote, cause you can never have too many totes--so we still came away with a great deal.  The above are some romance novels and a few other interesting looking books I found.

The photo is a little too bright, so you can't really see most of the titles, but the books front and center include The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran, Girl in Blue Hyacinth by Susan Vreeland, a short story volume by Ellery Queen, A Night in the Lonesome October by Roger Zelazny, and Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.  The rest of the books were random romances by authors like Jayne Ann Krentz, Laura Kinsale, Linda Howard, Cassie Miles, and others that I'm interested in.

You know, because I need more books on top of all the books I still haven't read yet that are on my shelf...


What I Read Last Week




What I'm Currently Reading




What I'm Planning to Read Next





Other Plans On the Blog


I haven't made a lot of permanent decisions, but the above books are the following line-up for after I finish up my current reads.  Although four of those books are really for May, which is two days away, so not long before I start into them.  An Inquiry into Love and Death by Simone St. James also doubles for two reading challenges, Snakes and Ladders as a book with a ghost story, and the Reading Assignment Challenge for the historical genre.

I'm hoping to get a hold of Amanda Quick's newest release, Tightrope, due out the beginning of May, so I'm crossing my fingers that my library picks up the e-book, and that I'm the first person in line to check it out.  Otherwise, I'll probably just have to choose another Amanda Quick book to fulfill my Reading Assignment requirements.

Meanwhile, it's actually quite unusual that I haven't started the newest Pamela Clare book yet, even though it's sitting hot on my Kindle right now.  I've just been trying to finish other reads first, and you know how I am when it comes to reading schedules and such.  I take them too seriously, which, in a strange sort of way, is still part of the fun.

I usually average about one audio book within the time span of a month or two, so I'm hoping to finish Goliath soon enough to start The Sittaford Mystery, before the end of May, as The Sittaford Mystery was a pre-chosen book for May.  I'm almost done with Behemoth, and am planning on jumping right into Goliath, mainly because the Leviathan series is starting to get interesting enough that I don't want to push the last book too far back.  According to my calculations, even if I only listen to about fifty minutes of it each day on my way to and from work, it should take about thirteen days to finish, which will still give me time to start The Sittaford Mystery, which is much shorter than Goliath's ten hour length at six hours, which will spread out into eight days of listening during my drive to and from work.

This doesn't factor in those times I decide to listen to the books outside of driving, or during other times of driving outside of work commute.

Nonetheless, with the completion of more books, I've got more reviews pending, and hopefully after the beginning of the next month, I can add An Inquiry into Love and Death to my Snakes and Ladders count and roll another set of dice!  Until then, I'm going to try to finish up the books currently on my plate so I can start fresh in May!


No comments:

Post a Comment