Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: All About Audio Freebie


Top Ten Tuesday is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


~~ All About Audio ~~


This week for Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is broad, but straight forward.  And in my lame attempt to fulfill at least one TTT this month, I'm just going to throw a whole bunch of things together, without any conscious rhyme or reason... sort of.  There's always a method to my madness.  I'm just the only one who understands it.


Some Narrators I Like

Voices I Like In General
  • Colin Firth -- Colin Firth is one of my favorite actors due mostly in part of his stoic charm and sexy voice.  When I stumbled upon one single book narrated by him, I actually spent a good deal of time conflicted over whether or not to buy said audio book just because I would readily sit and listen to Colin Firth narrate anything even if the book wasn't something I'd ever read.  If anyone is wondering, he narrates Graham Green's The End of the Affair.
  • James McAvoy -- I just really like this guy.  Encountered as the voice of Richard in Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere in the BBC radio drama adaptation.

Audio Books I Love with Full Cast of Narrators
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker -- And outstanding performance by many of a timeless classic!
    • Cast includes: Simon Vance, Alan Cumming, Katherine Kellgren, Tim Curry, and others.
  • The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman -- I just finished listening to this one and it is superb!
    • Cast includes: Derek Jacobi, Robert Madge, Julian Rhind-Tutt, and others.
  • Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman -- This book is fun, though not the best.  But having a full-cast of voices DOES help.
    • Cast includes: James McAvoy, Natalie Dormer, Christopher Lee, and others.
  • Fairest by Gail Carson Levine -- One of the first audio books I ever listened to, borrowed from the library, with lots of wonderfully talented voices and great music effects.  This particular version of the Fairest audio book, with Sarah Naughton narrating the part of Aza, is no longer available for purchase from Full Cast Audio, which is disappointing, because I like it better than the Audible version currently available, narrated by Soneela Nankani from Recorded Books.
  • Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale -- Another great production from Full Cast Audio of one of my favorite books of all time!
  • The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale -- I loved this one too!  Also from Full Cast Audio.

Audio Books I Love with Single Narrator


No comments:

Post a Comment