Wednesday, September 28, 2016

2016 Reading Assignment Challenge -- Third Quarterly Report Card


hosted by



July ramblings:  There's really not much to say about July.  It was a semi-good reading month and I kept up with my Reading Assignment books.  That's all, really.

August ramblings:  A lot of the same stuff from previous months.  Though I DID sort of make myself finish reading a book I had very little motivation to read.  But we made it and that's all that matters to me.  At least now I can focus on books that I'm more interested in reading.

September ramblings:  To be totally honest, I had a slightly flustered time of trying to figure out which books to read this month.  With Halloween Bingo looming on the horizon pre-September, I needed to figure out the best reading strategy to both satisfy my Reading Assignment necessities as well as maybe get a bingo.  But in the end, I couldn't quite make both work, so I settled with finishing my Reading Assignment books first, then working on Bingo obligations--after all, I have more chances for Bingo drawings in the future, and my library books were due.  And ultimately, I enjoyed myself, because all the books I read this month for Reading Assignment were enjoyable ones.  That's always a plus.

Third Quarter:  COMPLETED -- 9/10/2016
My Grade: I Made an A!

Third Quarterly Report Card link upBecause Reading
  • In July:

See Also:  My TBR List for July 2016 Voting // Winning Book

  • In August:

See Also:  My TBR List for August2016 Voting // Winning Book
See Also:  Can You Read a Series in a Month? Challenge

  • In September:

See Also:  Booklikes Halloween Bingo 2016


A Summary

As I stated in the September Ramblings above, I had a hard time trying to figure out which books to read for the months of September and October that could also crossover as Halloween Bingo books.  After all, twenty-five books in two months (average 12.5 books per month) doesn't feel like a lot (not considering my normal average), but I didn't want to push my luck.  So I tried to see what I could insert from my Reading Assignment list that could also double as a Halloween Bingo book.

I came up with five books, slightly taking liberties with the Bingo Free Space and inserting a mystery for good measure.  In fact, probably only one or two of the books I picked for Bingo were actually Halloween-themed or horror-types, so I kind of took liberties with about all of my books.

This third quarter was a good one for Reading Assignment, to be honest.  And it was made possible thanks to the mid-year book swap-out that we were allowed.  I already read two of the books I swapped-in, as you can see (Chill Factor and Sleep with the Lights On).  I also managed to get myself to finish the Lotus War trilogy, thus successfully putting THAT series behind me and fulfilling one more book in my Reading Assignment list.


A Forecast

Last quarter ahead with no more books to choose from... well, except for each month.  I've tentatively allocated the rest of my Reading Assignment book list into the last three months.  'Tentative' being the keyword--although I cannot swap out anymore books, I can rearrange the reading order however it is needed.  But to be honest, I doubt that will happen.

(Book covers link to GR book page.)

October:

Beg for Mercy by Jami Alden
Voodoo or Die by Stephanie Bond
Far Gone by Laura Griffin
Un Lun Dun by China Mieville

November:

All Fall Down by Julie Bellon Coulter
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers
Whirlpool by Elizabeth Lowell

December:

My Lady, My Lord by Katharine Ashe
Confessions by Cynthia Eden
The Witness by Nora Roberts
Delicious by Sherry Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment