Thursday, February 2, 2017

Romance Bingo 2017 | Mid-game Update

As of the first day of February, I finished The Moon-spinners for a total of eight books read for Romance Bingo.  Unfortunately, no BINGO so far.  I had been hoping to read one more Tessa Dare book to fill the Historical Romance square for a BINGO, but for lots of reasons, my reading started to lag behind nearing the end of the month.

I'm working on a series review for Cynthia Eden's For Me trilogy and will have it posted as soon as I finish listening to the last book, Scream for Me.  I'm considering counting this book for Key to My Heart based on our main couple's "I've never felt this way before" monologues along with the whole, "This is the first time I've ever told anyone about my dark, dark past" conversation that just took place mid-book... typical of a lot of Rom-Suspense.

Meanwhile, the review for The Moon-spinners is also forthcoming.  And I'm slowly tumbling through books and hoping that at least one of my Rom-Suspense reads will yield an Insta-love, because those are aplenty in that genre.  =D



Books:
Insta-love:
Too Stupid To Live:  Forgotten Sins by Rebecca Zanetti
"Headless" Woman:
Love is Murder:  Die for Me by Cynthia Eden
New Adult:  Overruled by Emma Chase

Young Adult:
Regency Romance:
Eyeshadow and Heaving Bosom:
Virgin & Best First Time:  A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare
Gothic Romance:  The Moon-spinners by Mary Stewart

Blown Away:
Man in a Kilt:
Love (Free Space):
Rogue:  A Week to be Wicked by Tessa Dare
Historical Romance:

Secret Billionaire:
Twins:
Fairy Tale Retelling:
Wedding Bells:
Second Chances:  Fear for Me by Cynthia Eden

Key to My Heart:
Pirates Argh:
Guy/Girl Next Door:
Interracial Couple:
Urban Fantasy Romance:  Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep


Currently Reading:
Scream for Me by Cynthia Eden || Key to My Heart
The Search by Nora Roberts || Love (Free Space)

Planned Next Reads:
A Lady by Midnight by Tessa Dare || Historical Romance
That's Amore! anthology || Wedding Bells
Sweet Bea by Sarah Hegger || "Headless" Woman
A Kiss At Midnight by Eloisa James || Eyeshadow and Heaving Bosom
Highlander Claimed by Juliette Miller || Man in Kilt
Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis || Guy/Girl Next Door
The Substitute Sister by Lisa Childs || Twins


Squares Still Undecided:
  • Insta-love -- As I mentioned above, I'm hoping that one of the many Rom-Suspense books I read will have insta-love.
  • Young Adult -- I'd like to read Kasie West's newest book, but I'm hesitant to purchase it.  Chances are, I will probably listen to the audio book version of The Distance Between Us, my first of Kasie West favorites.
  • Regency Romance -- Many options, probably another Tessa Dare... or maybe something by Amanda Quick.
  • Blown Away -- No idea what to read for this square.
  • Secret Billionaire -- Probably going to just steal some ideas from someone else's square.
  • Fairy Tale Retelling -- I was going to read Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier.  But at the rate that I'm going, and with the length of this book, I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it and all the other books before the end of this month.  I may just chose another book, like maybe Cybele's Secret also by Juliet Marillier, and also part of my Reading Assignment Challenge this year.
  • Pirates Argh -- Nothing chosen yet.  Will have to steal ideas.
  • Interracial Couple -- I have a Rom-Suspense that has an interracial couple, but I don't know if I want to read that one.  Any ideas?

See Also:  My Romance Bingo 2017 Page


No comments:

Post a Comment