Saturday, July 9, 2016

My TBR List -- July Winner!

My TBR List is a monthly meme hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading.
The basic gist of this activity is to have others help decide on which book out of three I'm selecting from my TBR pile I should read for the month via votes.  The posts will be published on the first two Saturdays (voting and winning book announcement, respectively), and the winning book review will be posted on the last Saturday of the month.
Click on the above links for more information.


My TBRL Winner This Month:



The Hanover Square Affair by Ashley Gardner won with a landslide victory!


Recap

Last week, the books I had everyone vote on were:
The Hanover Square Affair by Ashley Gardner
Icebound by Dean Koontz
Un Lun Dun by China MiƩville

The voting started off the week with a very tight race.  In fact, for a while I thought I would have to read two books for My TBRL this month: The Hanover Square Affair and Icebound were neck and neck for the first half of the week.  Un Lun Dun was only one vote behind them.  And then Hanover suddenly got a burst of votes and jumped ahead of the other two books within a single day.

I'm glad I didn't resign myself to reading two of the three books already, not that it would have been a problems since I will be reading all of these books by the end of the year anyway.


Again, thank you to everyone for voting!


Coming up next for the My TBR List:

  • 7/30/2016:  Review of the winning book, The Hanover Square Affair by Ashley Gardner
  • 8/6/2016:  Next Month's My TBR List Voting

***



11 comments:

  1. Not what I picked but it does have a very haunting cover! I hope you enjoy it, Ani! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This is the one I voted for!!! I hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds like it will be very good. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound intriguing. I hope it's good! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Yay!! This is the one I voted for! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! This is the one I voted for! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I voted for another, but this one sounds good too. It's interesting seeing how the votes for the books change over time and which one ends up winning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit worried for a while that I'd have a tie, but yeah, the votes pretty much changed over night. lol

      Delete