Saturday, May 27, 2017

Booklikes-opoly | Memorial Day Extra Rolls! (Rolls #14 & #15)

Booklikes-opoly
Booklikes, the book blogging social platform



Technically it's not really a long weekend for me since hospitals don't ever rest.  So while I DO have the weekend off--as it is my usual weekend off, every other weekend--I don't also get Memorial Day, though I DO get Memorial Day time-and-a-half pay, which makes up for it!  =D

Anyway, in honor of the long Memorial Day weekend, Moonlight Reader has decreed additional Freebie Rolls!  Much like the Dewey's Freebie rolls, we can add these to our existing game play.  And, of course, I'd have to finish all my books before moving onto the next roll after.

I'm still reading Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts from my previous roll, and will try to finish it before starting into my extra roll books.  I will update with the next roll at that time, which will hopefully be sometime today.  Since these are additional rolls, I'm assuming we can still roll our regularly scheduled roll as well?

I was trying to finish Carnal Innocence before jumping into my extra rolls, so I could just post everything at once, but the book is still kind of slow going, and I'm just too excited about the extra rolls to wait.  But I'm getting close, so the next post for my regularly schedule roll should also be going up soon.


Meanwhile, here are my Memorial Day Extra Rolls:

And yes, I'm still super excited and obsessed with my phone's dice roller app.  I may just continue its use for the rest of the game.  I like being able to shake my dice, though my brothers may not approve of me waving my phone around like a madwoman every time I roll.

First Memorial Day Extra Roll, Roll #14:


 

So I rolled a 7 for my first Memorial Day Weekend Extra.  This takes me from Adventureland 27 to Tomorrowland 33.  This is, indeed one of the hardest spaces for me, mainly because I'm not much for science fiction, but I DO have maybe two books I could read for this space.


Excited Monkey is excited!  Freebies are always exciting, and Magnetic Monkey knows it!  And I still haven't gotten him a nice treat for helping me liven up my ghetto board.  HOWEVER, I did re-print a new, larger scaled board for us.  Unfortunately, it looks like my color's fading.  =(

Oh well.  Moving along...

Second Memorial Day Extra Roll, Roll #15:


 

The next Memorial Day Extra Roll netted me a 5 which takes me to Frontierland 1.


Oh hey!  It's become a party.  Looks like Magnetic Monkey decided to celebrate Memorial Day weekend as well by inviting friends!  =D  We're missing some food, though...  And who is he waving at?


Ah.  Fuzzy Penguin, come to join the party.  And look at that, Peek-a-Boo Penni Penguin is at the bottom of the screen doing what she does best.  Peek-a-boo!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Anyway, as this post is becoming somewhat crowded, I will be updating with a combined update for what books I will be reading, for both my extra rolls and my next regular game play roll of which I should be partaking in within the next few hours.

Weekends off are great!  Stay tuned for more news!


Current Bank:   $56.00


No comments:

Post a Comment